Fat experiences

To those of you who grew up fat what was it like?

I think growing up as a fat kid you always stick out and that can be hard, especially if bullies find you an easy target. I think people react to it in different ways.

1. Become something of a wallflower and shy away.
2. Don't let the bullies win and be happy with who you are.

Fortunately it seems I took the later route. I surrounded myself with people who liked me and I didn't let the bullies in. I found unique and clever ways of dealing with bullies.

We all carry scars of our past. You can hide them or let the world see. Hiding makes others feel better but not you. Showing them may make you feel vulnerable but in the end you overcome it and live a life where you are comfortable with who you are.

That's my experience anyway.
4 years

To those of you who grew up fat what was it like?

I was never the fattest as a kid but still overweight for my entire life, so I had to deal with the typical **** as a kid.

However, once education became optional (16 at the time) I found the people who carried on didn't care and there was no more PE.

Although it wouldn't be until when I was in uni and had to at one point live on junk food that I finally said **** it and began to actually enjoy gaining, since I could see it happening anyway.

At least I can enjoy gaining weight and not constantly worrying about it like a few people I know.
4 years