General

California trying to do away with fast food trying to have less

OK, let's try to have some information.

They are attempting to ban trans-fats statewide, as I believe NYC has done. Here's the AP story:
ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hZzww1KirHpqI0Hw-LMfUDQuln_wD9257J3G0

While there's a lot of varied opinion about this, it's clear that we would all live better lives without trans-fats, there will still be plenty of fast food, and we'll all still be able to get fat.
15 years

California's not the fist place to do something like this. New York City recently passed a law that required places to post the number of calories in a given dish in letters the same size as the menu item itself and Japan recently mandated that it was illegal to have a waistline over 34 inches. I think the reason more and more districts are passing laws like this is because they realize there's no way to change the way people think so they're going to give them no other option.
15 years

Hooray, Pocky and Shika!

The abolition of trans-fat is sometimes connected to weight issues, too, but I'm sure you're right that this is what dragonflye heard.

Still, reducing the number of fast-food places, or rather, reducing the growth of the number of fast-food places, is hardly the same as outlawing fat.
15 years