Lifestyle tips

How do some people maintain weight without eating much?

I know a few people who are big but really don't eat much. For example my girlfriend is close to 300 lbs, 5"11 and somehow stays at that weight while eating like a hawk.

She'll have eggs and veggies for breakfast and then maybe meat and a starch for dinner. Only 2 meals a day with barely any snacking or dessert, how is that even possible?

I feel like bigger people get constantly judged for eating too much but my all of my partners (who've been substantially larger than me) have eaten a good bit less
3 years

Your body will go into starvation mode if it doesn't get enough calories every day. Your metabolism slows way down because the brain doesn't know when your next meal will happen. So it freaks out and is conservative with expending energy. Then if you eat a lot for a period of time while in starvation mode your body will be more inclined to store it as fat. Since it just had a time period where it wasn't getting enough. At least that's what I've heard. Basically, your metabolism gets out of whack if your eating is very haphazard.
3 years

solarflare43:
I know a few people who are big but really don't eat much. For example my girlfriend is close to 300 lbs, 5"11 and somehow stays at that weight while eating like a hawk.

She'll have eggs and veggies for breakfast and then maybe meat and a starch for dinner. Only 2 meals a day with barely any snacking or dessert, how is that even possible?

I feel like bigger people get constantly judged for eating too much but my all of my partners (who've been substantially larger than me) have eaten a good bit less

In my experience in order to stay at 240 pounds I have to have at least 4000 calories a day to stay this big.

in November 2020 I had flu for 2 weeks and my calorie intake went down a lot and in just 2 weeks I went down to 227 pounds and it took me a good few months to gain it all back.

seasons also have a lot to do with this because in the winter you burn twice as many calories as you would in the summer because it's so cold during the winter months.

In my life I've only gained weight twice over Christmas, once in 2007 (aged 15) and then again in 2017 (aged 25) and on both of those occasions I was never in the cold because I wasn't working then.

Even walking to the shop and back will hinder your weight gain in the winter.

My best season for weight gain is April-September months
3 years