Gaining

Past the point of no return

There is something charming about someone trying to maintain fitness as their body and metabolism betray them.

MissPorker:
The point of no return is very real. Once you change your lifestyle and accept being a pig, it's hard to find and keep the motivation to go back. Also, once you gain, your body does what it can to maintain the weight.

Pummeluff:
That's sooo true. Once you really develop those habits they are there to stay. I can't imagine going back to my old eating habits. Something would missing. And it's pretty hard to get yourself to do sports again once you quit and get used to being lazy.

VsyaVlastSovetom:
Well maybe the trick is to never sto dping them. Im considering getting fat myself, but I am not really into the impracticality and loss of energy aspect of it. I want to be just as motovated on my life, and relatively retain my physical fitness. I would just want to add a large calorific surpluses so I can still gain. So ideally I'd try to keep my gym routine, and i think I'd add more cardio ( I do very little now, mostly weights) to try to make sure my performance doesn't decrease as I get fat, cardio wise my goal is to keep it not to improve it. The numbers on lifts should go up tho, as i never really fed my body enough to gain really considerably on those ( was afraid of getting fat lol)

So maybe the way to combat the point of no return, is to just make sure you are putting in every effort at teh gym to maintain your fitness from before as you gain. You'll need to gain quite a bit of muscle to be as fir cardio wise as before tho.
3 years

Past the point of no return

well my weight finally crept up to 350. i am still not trying to gain, but we've had some weeks of celebration and conscious over-indulgence so, ahem, it wasn't really a shock.

i like my body as i am. i like my lifestyle, and i like eating (and drinking!) this way... my biggest concern to be honest is not about weight, but about health. i am concerned about my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. - because my biggest fear is that i will be told "you can't eat or drink that anymore." the thought of having to give up carbs (or beer) for health reasons is just too sad to consider.

it's not a problem now - i am still healthy. and my girlfriend is very good at "balancing" our diet with healthy food, most of the time i eat pretty health. just a lot! smiley but i would feel better if my weight stabilized.
2 years
234   loading