Lifestyle tips

Slow healthy gain?

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is a possibility to adjust your lifestyle in a way that promotes a slow, relatively healthy, permanent gain? I don’t want to be thin anymore and I have tried previously to gain but the gain has sadly not stuck with me. Do you have any tips?
3 years

Slow healthy gain?

I have been slowly gaining since I retired from Navy reserve(2013). I have put on 25-30 lbs. I really just ate more, I always have dessert. I still exercise though. It’s not rocket science, just eat more and enjoy yourself.
3 years

Slow healthy gain?

This is completely possible and relatively easy to do. I have gained 70 pounds since 2014. In the beginning it was unintentional and now it is intentional in the fact that I know my current lifestyle will lead to more weight gain.

What I don't do: Stuff, shakes, heavy cream

What I do: Eat what I want when I want, make sure to eat fruit and vegetables, take walks

Because of this I have gained a very considerable amount of weight, but slowly. Do I get out of breath sometimes? Yes. Sweat more than average? Yes (I'm fat you know!) But can I also walk 3 miles and not die? Yes. So I do believe it's possible for anyone to slowly gain weight and still maintain a semi healthy lifestyle.
3 years