Lifestyle tips

Making the decision to gain when most of close close friends are losing

j8o8h8n:
I've been considering getting fat for a while now, but especially more recently. However, I'm definitely concerned about what my friends and family might think. Some of my closest friends have been pretty fat until recently when they've lost a decent bit of weight. (For context: One friend is 6' 2" and went from a high of 270 lbs to 208 lbs or so currently and the other friend, who's 5' 6", went from a high of 220 lbs to around 170ish.) Both of them know I like bigger women, but they don't know about my interest in potentially gaining myself. They both talk to me a lot about their weight loss journeys and how they've changed their diets and their exercise routines. One of the friends even tells me that his goal is to look like me (how I look currently) and it makes me feel a bit guilty about wanting to get fat (I have his goal weight body, but I want to "destroy it" by potentially getting bigger than his starting weight from before his weight loss). I'm a bit worried about what my friends will think if I gain.

I'm really close friends with them so a part of me wants to tell them beforehand about what I'm thinking about doing, but at the same time I'm worried about what they'll think. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for how to approach this?

Real Talk, if you're worried about friends/family reactions you're not ready. They may force food on you vs throwing it out resulting in gains, though they may want you to walk and do more with them as well. I wouldn't make any revelations unless you want to be accused of making/keeping them fat when you decide to eat differently around or away from them. Let it play out as time will decide how things go overall.
3 years

j8o8h8n:
So you're saying it might be a better idea to just go for it if I decide to gain, regardless of my friends' own weight loss journeys and don't even bother bringing it up with them unless they directly ask me about my gain?[/quote]

If your friends' opinions and closeness to them matter than much to you then don't go for it, unless you're ready for that tough conversation.
I don't let friends get that close, if there is conflict I distance myself (especially if they don't like fat people...as opposed to just not wanting to be fat).

You seem way too dependent on others' opinions to get fat in the 1st place.
2 years

It is a struggle.

One guy I know has lost at least around 60 pounds to be around 200 again.

Another guy has lost around 40 pounds to be about 210. His family comments that he doesn't need to go any lower, though he wants to get under 200.

I'm down 8 pounds. Still over 240. Friends, family, coworkers commenting how much better I look and passing me food every chance they get it seems.

Do I want to be 200 again? Not really.
Do I want to keep gaining? I hadn't really thought about getting this far. 250-260 would probably be about it.
2 years