Gaining

How much did you gain before weight visually oiled on faster?

Piled*
Darn phone autocorrect.

I've gained about 55 lbs since college (my BMI is 31 now) and it's only just now starting to give me a belly. From 180 to 195 is almost the same amount of change as from 140 to 180, if not even more of a change ftom a smaller gain, and I know once I reach a certain point, each pound is going to make a much bigger difference. Anyone have a particular number where their gains starting being exponentially more noticable?
2 years

Yeah, for me 215-220 is when I started to look noticably overweight. At 230 it ssyrted to feel like I was invisible, people made less eye contact and it seemed like I was just completey invisible to 99% of the women I walked by. Of course one in a hundred , maybe one in five hundred gives me a positive response. The next point where I began to feel much different was around 245. At around 260 where I am now I'm beginning to feel noticeably soft and fluffy in places. Now on my way to 300. 270 was my previous highest weight.
2 years

I think for me in the beginning was the most dramatic change going from thin sinewy muscles to bulky muscles with a belly in a matter of three years. People that hadn’t seen me since early college to right after where extremely shocked. I was more of. Muscle chin with lifting but in a matter of three years my metabolism changed and became very muscular thick with a small gut. Another change was when I intentionally gained. While back. It’s funny how once you are bigger you sometimes don’t even notice an extra 20 lbs. gained …..and them all of a sudden you do with reminders of walking by a mirror (must be one of those weird fattening mirrors), or your T-shirt not pulling down over your gut (must have shrunk in the dryer) or these slacks don’t even fasten (they must be an old pair from a long time ago that are several Inches smaller in the waist). U til you recognize how much food you pack away in a given day. I am a fairly tall guy but I would say when I was over 250+ lbs. I definitely felt bigger and heavier…..although I didn’t think I felt as Fat as some may have thought I looked. I guess the best answer to your question is it may come as a surprise all of. Sudden when you are not paying as much attention.
2 years

Gingerbeer4:
Piled*
Darn phone autocorrect.

I've gained about 55 lbs since college (my BMI is 31 now) and it's only just now starting to give me a belly. From 180 to 195 is almost the same amount of change as from 140 to 180, if not even more of a change ftom a smaller gain, and I know once I reach a certain point, each pound is going to make a much bigger difference. Anyone have a particular number where their gains starting being exponentially more noticable?

\my ex girlfriend went from a skinny 110 lbs to a lean 130 with no big differences, a part from looking generally better and less bony.

I would say some real difference was noticeable when she approached 140, when a lower belly roll appeared. From there any pounds seemed to have an impact. What was a little roll at 140 was a juicy roll at 150, and a spare tyre at 160, just growing fuller, wider and going all around her waist now at 175.
2 years

Gingerbeer4:
Piled*
Darn phone autocorrect.

I'm 6"2 and around 250lbs (18 stone) and I feel like I'm reaching that point now. I've put on about 40lbs and it didn't really show until now. I can't hide my belly in public anymore and my lower belly is starting to thicken and sag a little. I am starting to look fat from the front, as you can see the curvature of my belly. It makes me nervous to continue gaining but it is also exciting to see and feel what happens if I gain more. Christmas is a good excuse to pack on the pounds! Tempted to put on another 15lbs over the next 3 weeks or so with double cream and lots of food. It's an interesting threshold where you change from being chubby to actively accepting that you are now getting fat.
2 years