Lifestyle tips

Slowing metabolism

How can I slow down my metabolism?
2 years

Slowing metabolism

Harry-Misty:
How can I slow down my metabolism?

1. Increase your body fat. The more body fat you have, the less calories you burn

2. Decrease your muscles by becoming sedentary. Smaller muscles burns less calories than bigger muscles

3. Stay up late. Lack of sleep increases cortisol (stress hormone)levels up

4. High fat, high carb diet. Carbs spike your insulin levels up which can cause bloating. Be careful cause carbs turns into sugar which can cause diabetes

5. Go to Fitness Pal and type in your current activity level, which should be none. Then select how many pounds a week you want to gain. From there, multiply that number by 1.1 every four weeks so you put on the weight slowly cause you don’t jeopardize your health.
2 years

Slowing metabolism

Arame:
1. Increase your body fat. The more body fat you have, the less calories you burn

2. Decrease your muscles by becoming sedentary. Smaller muscles burns less calories than bigger muscles

4. High fat, high carb diet. Carbs spike your insulin levels up which can cause bloating. Be careful cause carbs turns into sugar which can cause diabetes

5. Go to Fitness Pal and type in your current activity level, which should be none. Then select how many pounds a week you want to gain. From there, multiply that number by 1.1 every four weeks so you put on the weight slowly cause you don’t jeopardize your health.

becomingoverweight:
#1 is false, fatter bodies require more energy to maintain their weight. #3 will make you gain visceral fat which I know they don't want. For #4 why would they want to spike their insulin and be bloated? This will also cause visceral gains.

When you become a certified strength and conditioning coach. Then come holla at me.
2 years

Slowing metabolism

Arame:

becomingoverweight:
#1 is false, fatter bodies require more energy to maintain their weight. #3 will make you gain visceral fat which I know they don't want. For #4 why would they want to spike their insulin and be bloated? This will also cause visceral gains.

Thanks for your concern. I appreciate it!)
2 years