Lifestyle tips

Chubby bmi

Hi there! I have posted a few times, so I guess there is no need of introducing myself. Anyway, it’s been about 2-3 weeks since the beginning of my weight gain journey, and I don’t know where to stop. My ideal body type would be chubby. So I would like to gain to get to the most ideal chubby body type I can be… however I don’t know how to classify what is chubby. I first thought to just use a BMI calculator; however, I noticed that there was a healthy BMI (18.5-24.9) and then the overweight BMI (25-29.9). I was wondering if there was a usual BMI for a chubby category or some sort of classification for me to distinguish myself as chubby. Was just asking if anybody had any ideas!
Thanks, Noah
2 years

Chubby bmi

becomingoverweight:
I don't think chubby really has a set BMI. I would define chubbiness based on appearance and softness. I associate chubbiness with softness so I only really consider those who have an excess of primarily subcutaneous fat to be chubby. I wouldn't call a beer belly chubby regardless of size. Back to the appearence aspect though, the shorter one is at a given BMI, the fatter they look. As such, shorter individuals get chubby at a lower BMI than taller people do. And finally I'd like to say pudgy->chubby->tubby, so there's a range of BMIs which would be considered chubby, but the middle could be considered peak-chubbiness.

Oh okay, gotcha. I was just asking because I want to get a goal for my weight gain. I have been considering becoming chubby; however, as we both know, chubby is very loosely defined. I was just trying to get some intake on what everyone thought chubby could be categorized as.
2 years

Chubby bmi

becomingoverweight:
I don't think chubby really has a set BMI. I would define chubbiness based on appearance and softness. I associate chubbiness with softness so I only really consider those who have an excess of primarily subcutaneous fat to be chubby. I wouldn't call a beer belly chubby regardless of size. Back to the appearence aspect though, the shorter one is at a given BMI, the fatter they look. As such, shorter individuals get chubby at a lower BMI than taller people do. And finally I'd like to say pudgy->chubby->tubby, so there's a range of BMIs which would be considered chubby, but the middle could be considered peak-chubbiness.

no uh:
Oh okay, gotcha. I was just asking because I want to get a goal for my weight gain. I have been considering becoming chubby; however, as we both know, chubby is very loosely defined. I was just trying to get some intake on what everyone thought chubby could be categorized as.

You're an inch taller than me. I'm currently on my way back up to 170lbs, just a few more to go, then I'll set the new goal. Sometimes it helps to see other people your height at different sizes to give you an idea of what like of look you'd like, or what weight goal you might set for yourself. 😁 Have fun!!
2 years