Fat experiences

Is denial something that happens for real?

Just something I’ve always been curious about.

It’s well known that ‘denial’ is a component of weight gain stories that typically results to be much arousing for feeders and admirers. But can that sort of thing really happen or it’s just a ficticious behaviour just used to make stories more intriguing?

I mean, it’s really hard to believe that a skinny or fit or in general a normal weight person can miss the change when putting on 20, or 30 or more pounds. Like, there’s no way your clothes would still fit you with that more weight, how is it possible you don’t notice or neglect that incredibly evident fact. I mean, from how my pants fit I immediately notice even a couple of pounds more than usual, let alone 20 or 30.

So, I’ve always believed that denial is just a fiction element to make weight gain stories more juicy, but if anyone knows different, speak up!
2 years

to an extent yes. When i pit on my last 20 pounds i had no clue i had til i put on a nice outfit n it didn't fit.had no clue i had gained
2 years

Oh you know you have gained weight but you don't think its as much as it really is so that is a kind of denial I have experienced.
I had been 275 lbs for close to 2 years and I figured I had reached a plateau.
I went on a months vacation with some friends and really didn't think much about what we ate and I put on some weight because I could feel it. Heck we all did LOL
Had a Dr appointment several months later and was shocked to see the scale say 315 lbs and I said there is no way I am that big.
2 years

Definitely, even as a feeder, there are a number of times that i haven’t believed the scale. The missus looked a lot smaller than I thought when she first hit 200.

Also she constantly underestimates her underwear size. Twice shes had to go for a fitting and come out shocked.
2 years

I know someone who was skinny throughout her high school and collage years, and only started to plump up afterwards, from about 120 lbs to 160 lbs, slowly, over several years, and she realized it only at about 150 lbs, because she kept experimenting with new clothing styles, she now had a job and could afford new clothes, and she also gained mostly on her hips and butt, especially initially... so it was a shocking realization for her that she did gain weight, and that it was more than just a couple of pounds.
2 years

Yes, I've experienced it. When friends alluded to the fact that I least appeared heavier, I simply thought that they had faulty memories. What finally clued me in to the fact that I had gotten fat was when at least five people told me that I looked heavier coupled with just how all of my clothes were much tighter.
2 years

Etiola:
It depends on the person I guess, but I doesn't help that nowadays jeans have such a high % of stretchy fibres...

I've been gaining "only" 4 lbs a year, but I hate shopping for clothes (especially pants since I don't really fit into straight size ones but can't emotionally accept having to purchase them in plus size stores) so I tend to wear the ones I have until the crotch area is no longer salvageable.

Whenever I found a pair that fit me well, I used to purchase 2 so I could replace the first by the second once it wore out. I no longer do that, because by the time the pants die, the new pair is inevitably way too tight. 😖 I have at least 4 pairs of such paints in my closet.

So yeah, it's possible for slower weight gain to go unnoticed and allowed me for a while to believe that although I was not losing weight (not for lack of trying) at least I wasn't gaining any more... But now I know it was just wishful thinking.

I envy people who need to stuff their faces like crazy to look like me. At least they are enjoying their food!

Even though I'm always on a diet and seldom allow myself to eat "bad foods", my body just won't stop expanding. Sometimes I wonder if I should just give up trying and embrace being fat... But I don't think I'm there yet, I still despise myself for not being able to lose even a few pounds.

I think you look great smiley you can stay how you are or lose or gain weight, it’s all about what you want your body to look like and how you look when you feel the happiest 😊
Do not despise yourself for not being able to lose a few pounds for real, you will be able to sooner or later don’t dwell on it because if you do it will eat you up and become obsessed with those few pounds! Just eat what you like to eat and love life that’s what I’ve done and so far all is good, besides finding clothes with this stretchy fibre that you speak of lol. Jk but for real I’ve gone from a large to a 2XL now in the past year and just recently in the past couple of months have i really noticed and kinda just accepted it and have went all in as you would say and just gonna gain and gain lol. I just weighed myself today and I’m over 260! The most I’ve been back in high school was 230 and i thought i was big back then i can’t even imagine how i compare to now. I gotta be quite bigger an XL shirt was very baggy on me and now it’s not too small but it definitely hugs me a little more than i like . An my boxers are all tight underneath where my belly is forming and starting to hang but not yet fully. I have been buying 2 of everything that gets made for dinner over the past couple of months and have at least 2 big plates for dinner and finish off what gets cooked in the likening or through the night. But I’m here for ya if you ever just wanna chat and wanna just talk message me whenever smiley it’d be nice to have someone to talk back and forth with
2 years