Gaining

How do i convince my gf to gain?

First, let me start by saying this; I love my GF. She's a wonderful woman, she laughs at all my worst jokes and thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread and I love her for it. She's currently about 245 LBS and almost perfectly porportioned but I can't help but feel she'd be even more beautiful with just about 50 more pounds or so. I know this has been asked a million times before but what how would you all recomend I initiate this conversation and convince her how much more astounding she'd look with a bit of extra weight?
15 years

I'd not worry about it because if she is already 245lbs it shouldn't be hard to push this issue without telling her..
I say this because 245 is just too big for me, personally.
15 years

well from what I can tell she's relatively confident with her body. She dresses in a way that suggests that at least but at the same time, she told me when we first started dating that she had never had anyone tell her that they thought she was beautiful until me so I'm not sure what to make of the disconnect between the two. I obviouslly don't wanna ruin the relationship and I hope she is into the idea of gaining. I'm not gonna force her to do anything she doens't wanna do or claim that it would make me love her more or anything redicilous like that. I just think that with her figure, she'd look great if she was even heavier but I wasn't sure if that was the best way to explain it to her.
15 years

the other thing I forgot to mention is that for a big girl, she doesn't eat much at all and I've actually said just that to her. A lot of times at meals, I'll wind up eating more than her and she practically never has breakfast so I'm not sure what to make of it. This also leads me to believe that if she can maintain such a marvelous figure with that small of a diet I can only wonder what would happen if she ate with some more guesto.
15 years

Aleph0 wrote:
You see, if she is "relatively" confident with her body image, I'd think that she would hardly accept the idea that you want her to gain more weight. If you sound convincing enough, she might think that you are perverted smiley

Anyway, this has been said a thousand times, but the answer to "how do I convince my GF to gain?" is "You do not."
However, you can (and IMHO should) convince her that you really do like big girls (not just say so because she is big and you like HER); at the same time you shouldn't lead her to misunderstand it as if you only liked her because she was big. This message can be a little tricky to deliver sometimes :-)

Ideally, when she really understands and groks this -- and if she is not too dependent on the whims of society at large -- she may truly accept her size. The way I see fat acceptance, it's the same as "haircut acceptance": understanding that a person may choose whatever they like (short, long, or dyed green; fat or thin), and if some strangers think it's their business to tell you what to do, they are wrong.

And finally, when she is completely self-confident and makes herself a personal fat-positive world (with your help of course; tolerance from her family and other people she considers close is a big plus), she will be able to choose whatever SHE really likes, not to suit anyone else's preference.
Some BBWs become quite comfortable with their bodies and see the same special femininity in themselves as we FAs do; so if they gain some more they may like it (so long as it doesn't physically interfere with normal life).

I think that's a good sentiment. Actually, while I'm afraid to admit this to myself, I kinda figured this was the case all along. That last bit though is something that I would never ever dream of doing to her. I tend to think that a girl is too big if she can't move soley on her own steam or needs some other special acomodation beyond a plus sized clothing store and other small concessions.
15 years