Fat experiences

Changing self image

voluptuouslover:
Loved your writing Newballoon! Your story had me going….I was thinking you were going to say that one of the skinny ladies helping you was in awe of your plush physique….and was a Feeder/FA.
Actually, how do you know if they didn’t admire your body and Fat. A lot of women do like much bigger men…..they may be dreaming about what they saw right now.

Thank you very much! To be honest I hadn't considered they could be FAs at all...I kind of default to assuming people I meet in public are attracted to what's conventional...but of course I can't know that. I certainly like your version more!
2 years

Changing self image

fanedfox:
I recently had to get dressed up for the funeral of a former neighbor and friend. I hadn't worn my dress shirt or sport coat since before the pandemic. I couldn't button the collar and I couldn't button the sport coat. I bought the sport coat a couple of years ago at a thrift store, my old sport coats that I had to wear to work for many years were way too small.
I also saw myself in a photo of a meeting I was attending, I looked really heavy! Wow, I'm really getting fat!

I have to know, how did those experiences make you feel? Any fear or totally positive? It seems like photos can show something completely different from mirrors.
2 years

Changing self image

canuck:
i think your reaction is pretty common. i have gained 200 lbs over several years, and i have felt that way a number of times.
the first time was when someone showed me a video, and in it i stood with my hands on my hips. at first it didn't register that it was me, one of those "who is that fat guy?" moments. i was probably 240-250 lbs, so almost a hundred pounds into my gain.
this has happened a few times since. most recently when i was at a hotel and the elevator had windows on each wall - the first time in a long time i had seen my body from all sides. it was another, "wow, i am *fat*" moment. until then i didn't realize how other people saw my body at over 350 lbs.

so i think what you experienced is common for people who gain a lot. how did those sensations of feeling exposed make you feel?[/quote]

There was alot to like about those sensations...alot of shock as well. It's exciting but there are some doubts in the back of my mind too. When you saw yourself in the video or the elevator, how did you react? Was there any panic? Before I would've told you I never really noticed my weight in public but not now...
2 years

Changing self image

NewBalloon:
Hello, everyone! I'm new to the site. I'm a 6-foot tall male and have gained over 100lbs in the last three years, going from a fit four-workouts-a-week (and as a former fat kid/teen, fittest in my life) 175lbs up to an accidental, then intentional but temporary 307lbs (heaviest ever) before life events caused me to drop down to my current weight of 275lbs. I haven't been below 270lbs since gaining.

Obviously, I'm not the heaviest I've ever been. But today something happened to me that made me feel fatter than ever and I'm afraid/excited that it may have completely altered my self image. I guess I'm just hoping for feedback, shared experiences, or thoughts on what took place and how, right now, I feel it really changed things. But I don't know how yet...and I don't really know if it was a good experience or not.

Today I went to be fit for a suit. The employee who helped me was a young, short, and skinny young woman and the seamstress who made notes for alterations was a little older, tall, and slim. At first I underestimated my jacket size, asking to see a 44 when I needed a 50. Then I asked to see a size 42 pants but had to go up to 46 easily. When I asked for a shirt she took my measurements -- as I stood there I felt huge and heavy. She went and found a shirt, I put everything on and stepped up onto the viewing platform surrounded by panoramic full-body mirrors.

I don't know if it's because of the fit of the suit, or the look, or the tucking in of the shirt (I don't often since gaining), or the mirrors, or the two slender women standing beside me...I saw myself in a new light and to be honest, I freaked myself out.

I felt big and round and wide and like I was exposed. My love handles were so wide and pronounced even sucking in my gut seemed vain and pointless next to my whole silhouette. I didn't know how round my waist was or how padded and fat my back has become. I'm a little panicked, a very excited, but I feel like I've misunderstood what people's perception of me has been for so long. I'm 275, down from 315...so what must I have REALLY looked like before? I feel like a veil has been lifted and I don't know if I'm going to diet hard and try to drop it...or, since I'm here already, push things further...maybe lose later? I don't think my mental image of myself kept up with my gain.

Has anyone else freaked themselves out with their body? What did you do?

Tl;Dr: Suit fitting made me feel my size like never before and I'm both excited/terrified of what happens to my self image from here.

This happened to my little butterball at various times. Although it can be startling, after the shock wears off it can also be comforting.
I think you should enjoy being your own size, and then make further decisions based on how you feel after you've had some time to be at peace with who you are now.
2 years

Changing self image

NewBalloon:
There was alot to like about those sensations...alot of shock as well. It's exciting but there are some doubts in the back of my mind too. When you saw yourself in the video or the elevator, how did you react? Was there any panic? Before I would've told you I never really noticed my weight in public but not now...

there was definitely some panic! at a couple of points i resolved to go back to the gym and start getting back in shape again.... obviously those attempts failed, lol. but for a moment, i was stressed by what i was becoming and felt an urge to stop.

the best thing that happened was my partner at the time convinced me not to lose my mind, to relax, and gave me time to adjust. as i went through that time of relaxing, i got used to it, and the benefits of my lifestyle change started to win out in my mind.
2 years

Changing self image

It takes some time for you to accept that you're the "fattie" of the group - that you're always the biggest in group photos. It can be startling at first.

But once that is normalized, the feedee will have no problem piling it on. Being "bigger" will eventually become part of their self-identity. Their openness about their gluttony will also change as there's no way or use in attempting to hide it any more.
2 years

Changing self image

Bicepsual:
It takes some time for you to accept that you're the "fattie" of the group - that you're always the biggest in group photos. It can be startling at first.

But once that is normalized, the feedee will have no problem piling it on. Being "bigger" will eventually become part of their self-identity. Their openness about their gluttony will also change as there's no way or use in attempting to hide it any more.

It took my awhile to get used to it because I always saw myself through my two hundred pound self but when other people pointed my weight gain out was when I actually came to reality and finally see myself for what I was then. After that, then acceptance is the next step and once you waddle to that point then slowness will be your new way of movement. Lol.
2 years
12   loading