Fat experiences

How did you deal with your sudden weight gain, with family and friends?

I’ve just laughed off any comments I’ve received, but to be fair I haven’t seen all that many people since I put on all this weight so tbd???

I was asked a while back how much I weigh these days and I chucked and said up, and they just laughed with me.
1 year

Family members whom I haven’t seen in a while would respond with: “You gotten fat” or “The last time I saw you, you weren’t this heavy”. I just let the fat comments roll off my back.
1 year

I've only gained 25 lbs (but I'm short so it's quite visible) and no one has said anything so far. The only question I got was: "are you still running?", which I can already guess why they might have asked that. I woudn't really mind comments on my weight gain though, facts are facts.
1 year

Chubbydiva:
Family members whom I haven’t seen in a while would respond with: “You gotten fat” or “The last time I saw you, you weren’t this heavy”. I just let the fat comments roll off my back.

Good for you.
1 year

No one has really said much to me about gaining weight, other than,

"Do you want some of this to take home?"
or
"Do you want the rest of this?"
1 year

Everyone wanted to put her on a diet, or make me help her slim down. That's what "normal women" are supposed to want, right? But she kept stubbornly gorging herself, and everyone was so nice they realized she was happy and lovely, and simply NOT going to lose the weight. So they just accepted the fact that she's literally now the most massive person among all our friends, and our entire extended family.
1 year

I gained forty pounds in about 18 months. I didn't deal with any harsh remarks from family or friends. That was a major surprise as I really thought some people would have comments once I got to the biggest I'd ever been.

I certainly got some looks and when I ran into people I hadn't seen in awhile they couldn't get their eyes off my big belly, but that's about it. The only comment I got a couple times was "so I it looks like you stopped working out". I just smiled and would say something about not having time for it.

Now, after years of being fat, nobody says anything, even though I've gained more weight. I think people just know me as a fat person now who isn't getting any smaller.
1 year

Hozico0:
The important thing when gaining weight is health, it is the only limit that you have to respect[/quote]
Bah Bullshit, really fun things only happen after that limit, they're blobs of fat so fun
1 year
12   loading