Fat experiences

Doc appt

To make a long and stupid story short... I did a great leg workout before the August long weekend, and then that weekend hyperextended my sore leg and my knee buckled. I can kind of walk now, but it's not great.

So I saw my doc this week. We chatted a bit about movies and he mentioned one where "some of the people were just fat and happy on an island." (Damn my bad memory for forgetting the flick!!)

I told the doc I won't be able to go to the gym for a while and I'm going to end up fat and happy. He chuckled. That's practically permission, right? 😏
1 year

Doc appt

MickRidem:
To make a long and stupid story short... I did a great leg workout before the August long weekend, and then that weekend hyperextended my sore leg and my knee buckled. I can kind of walk now, but it's not great.

So I saw my doc this week. We chatted a bit about movies and he mentioned one where "some of the people were just fat and happy on an island." (Damn my bad memory for forgetting the flick!!)

I told the doc I won't be able to go to the gym for a while and I'm going to end up fat and happy. He chuckled. That's practically permission, right? 😏

Sounds like permission to me haha.

Searching for the movie in question didn't give me anything about a movie on an actual island, but it did bring up a movie that I'd never heard about until now called City Island about the secrets that a family keeps from one another.

Apparently there's a subplot in it involving the family's son and his interest in BBWs and the BBW model next door; and apparently the director was *adamant* about the woman cast for the role being really, truly, a BBW:
www.salon.com/2010/04/12/de_felitta_9/
1 year

Doc appt

That doesn't sound like the one he was talking about (or something he'd even watch) - the fat and happy people might have been a small, background detail of a film, not a major point. But heck! Now I wanna check it out!! ❤️😁😏
1 year