Fat experiences

Broken futons

My fiance and I weigh 300 pounds each and when we moved out from our parents', we have been sleeping on futons. Needless to say, we have been through three, so far...let's just say most futons do not hold 600 pounds very well...the metal ones bend and the sturdy wooden one we had is officially broken. It turns me on very much so to think about us being too fat for this wooden futon. Time for a new futon hunt, once again...
1 year

Broken futons

If you can do woodworking, there are some really strong bed frame designs that can be adapted to support a futon.
1 year

Broken futons

I'm under 300, and I wouldn't trust a futon. Invest in something sturdier. Futons are only cheaper when you don't have to keep replacing them.
1 year

Broken futons

When I hear "futon", I think of those traditional Japanese futons. I was very confused as to how you can be too heavy for a futon for a bit.
1 year

Broken futons

Why not move up to something stronger than waste more money on another futon?
1 year

Broken futons

Ditzy:
Why not move up to something stronger than waste more money on another futon?

Thinking the big thoughts.

If you are going to shell out money for a big purchase, invest in something that you won't need to replace for years. It may cost more upfront, but you spend less in the long-term.
1 year

Broken futons

Futons get less and less comfy as time goes by. I used to have one, about 70 pounds ago :-)

Wife and I put about 550 combined pounds on our memory foam mattress each night. It’s wearing down a bit after just six years!
1 year