General

Catfish

I'm convinced 75% of the profiles on here are either catfish or closet dwellers.
1 year

Catfish

Im thinking the same
1 year

Catfish

Ugh, I hate catfish. Good thing I don't live in Louisiana.

For future reference, we'd appreciate if these details can be included in abuse reports.

Unfortunately, since it's often a matter of he said/she said, or one person who just wants to cause grief after an argument or something, it may not always be possible to take action on that single report alone. But when there's multiple reports about someone, odds are they aren't all wrong. We try to remove catfish quickly, in as fair a manner as possible.

Remember, in reports the more details the better. If others had the same experience and also file abuse reports, even better.
1 year

Catfish

It might. Would be better if it was in another abuse report, so all the moderators can see it.
1 year

Catfish

I ran into an the same issue on another site, I didn't give two shits after this "feedee" got pissy after asking for the same. they later deleated their account after other people started calling them out.
1 year

Catfish

I'd say most the profiles are fakes since they have 1 pic and are looking for "generous feeders"
1 year

Catfish

Sunshinefeedee:
Let it be known that user Fitfeedergirl is probably a man. We were chatting in Kik, everything was good until I suggested verifying with a live pic. I sent a live one, they did not. When I asked to please send a live one they got super pissed, somehow were not able to, then ended up blocking me on here.

So yeah, I calls them like I sees them. Be warned.

You got lucky, live pics can actually be faked on both kik and even snap! There’s an app you can trick your phone into thinking is your camera and upload a pic from your camera roll making it look live. I had a catfish do this to me and it was awful, threw all my trust into them because I thought there’s no way they could fake a live pic and it was really rough. They turned out to be a Nigerian scammer and have since been IP banned from the site. My recommendation is a verification pic that’s hard to fake anyone can pull a cute selfie off a random Instagram page, but it’s a lot harder finding something random and unnatural. I usually ask for a selfie with a frown while holding up four fingers or writing my screen name on a piece of paper and taking a selfie with it, but basically as long as it’s hard to fake it usually works, but be very clear and don’t feel bad asking for them to do it again if they don’t do it as you said. I had one guy try to pull a fast one by taking a pic of just the paper with my name lmao 🤣
1 year

Catfish

Sunshinefeedee:
Let it be known that user Fitfeedergirl is probably a man. We were chatting in Kik, everything was good until I suggested verifying with a live pic. I sent a live one, they did not. When I asked to please send a live one they got super pissed, somehow were not able to, then ended up blocking me on here.

So yeah, I calls them like I sees them. Be warned.

FAsasquatch:
You got lucky, live pics can actually be faked on both kik and even snap! There’s an app you can trick your phone into thinking is your camera and upload a pic from your camera roll making it look live. I had a catfish do this to me and it was awful, threw all my trust into them because I thought there’s no way they could fake a live pic and it was really rough. They turned out to be a Nigerian scammer and have since been IP banned from the site. My recommendation is a verification pic that’s hard to fake anyone can pull a cute selfie off a random Instagram page, but it’s a lot harder finding something random and unnatural. I usually ask for a selfie with a frown while holding up four fingers or writing my screen name on a piece of paper and taking a selfie with it, but basically as long as it’s hard to fake it usually works, but be very clear and don’t feel bad asking for them to do it again if they don’t do it as you said. I had one guy try to pull a fast one by taking a pic of just the paper with my name lmao 🤣

Sad world with so many lying ugly excuses for people.
1 year

Catfish

Fridec78:
I'd say most the profiles are fakes since they have 1 pic and are looking for "generous feeders"

Same red flags on any dating or social sites, "generous" being one of the biggest tells for me.
1 year

Catfish

As one of the mod team members who handles abusive profile reports, here’s a friendly reminder on things which help.

1) Evidence
Without evidence, it’s a They #1 said/They #2 said issue, which may not be actionable. Take screenshots. Provide details. If someone else’s stolen content is involved, URLs to original source pics which are being abused help greatly.

2) Details
I found this thread by accident. There were more details by the OP here than in their abuse report. Those details belong in the abuse report, as it allows moderators to act more swiftly.

3) Reports from more than one member
We strive to address all reports. When only one member reports an issue, it can be difficult. When 2, 3, or more report the same account as problematic and especially for the same reason(s), it’s far less likely to be some sort of personality conflict and more likely a real problem. Please if at all possible take the time to report abusive behavior via the abuse reporting system, even if you’re confident or certain someone else has already. Your additional report may be the one giving us enough evidence to act.

The above is my opinion, and is not official FF policy. Please read the site rules and Terms of Use for official policies.
1 year