Feedback and suggestions

Parameter-based automated blocking?

Inspired by some recent abuse reports (Thanks to FF community members who submit those!), i’m wondering about options for programming into the system the ability for a member to set up auto-blocks of other members based upon certain parameters.

One might be empty profiles. New members have those, but so do many scammers. Some members may want to block empty profiles automatically and preemptively.

Or maybe a member has no interest in chatting offline (or on FF maybe too), so might want to block any profiles with Kik or Snapchat. Legitimate members use those, but so do a majority of the serious scammers.

Just a few random ideas. I’ve not thought this through deeply yet, so please post other ideas and unintended consequences of my suggestions.
10 months

Jiggle Junkie:
Inspired by some recent abuse reports (Thanks to FF community members who submit those!), i’m wondering about options for programming into the system the ability for a member to set up auto-blocks of other members based upon certain parameters.

One might be empty profiles. New members have those, but so do many scammers. Some members may want to block empty profiles automatically and preemptively.

Or maybe a member has no interest in chatting offline (or on FF maybe too), so might want to block any profiles with Kik or Snapchat. Legitimate members use those, but so do a majority of the serious scammers.

Just a few random ideas. I’ve not thought this through deeply yet, so please post other ideas and unintended consequences of my suggestions.

Honestly, it would just be easier not to limit blocking to 15 people for non-paying users. But the site owner has said he doesn't like the idea of users blocking huge swaths of people.

I'm sure there's a valid reason behind this thinking. After all, I'm sure nothing bad would happen with making it harder to avoid interacting with a user that you don't want to interact with. And I'm sure that he or someone on the admin staff would gladly clarify this line of thought.
10 months

I think both of these things can happen. What I would like is the option to prevent contact/messaging from my own preselected population. I am so SO tired if opening the precious few DMs I get to just pure harassment and garbage (that isn't against site rules but is no less misogynist and basically flat out disgusting and annoying to get). invariably these ALWAYS come from accounts that I would never interact with.

I would like to be able to set age limits and account age limits at the very least for those who can contact me.

I am all for having proactive measures. I tire of reactive ones.
10 months

Jiggle Junkie:

Munchies:
Honestly, it would just be easier not to limit blocking to 15 people for non-paying users. But the site owner has said he doesn't like the idea of users blocking huge swaths of people.

I'm sure there's a valid reason behind this thinking. After all, I'm sure nothing bad would happen with making it harder to avoid interacting with a user that you don't want to interact with. And I'm sure that he or someone on the admin staff would gladly clarify this line of thought.

Hi just as a heads up, the blocking limit is 100 for all members both free and paying accounts. This was increased due to requests earlier this year.

I will point hiccupx towards this thread about automated blocking as could be something we can introduce.

Cheers!
c00kie
FF Team
10 months