Lifestyle tips

Hey, does anyone want to help me build a meal plan or talk about meal planning in general?

I do a ton of cooking for myself, but I'd love some ideas for good food that's semi-easy to make, tastes good, and is cheap and somewhat healthy (as gaining to 400 pounds can be).

Anyhow, I tend to get minced meat, beef trimmings, and bacon as standard.

I was looking for a meal with a max of about 5 ingredients, not counting herbs, spices, oil, and such.

I know we all love our sugars, but I need to keep that under control, sadly, so starches, fats, and proteins mostly.

Also, the goal would be 2500 to 4000 calories a day on a budget of 75 to 100 Aussie dollars a week.

So, anyone got any good ideas?
9 months

Hey, does anyone want to help me build a meal plan or talk about meal planning in general?

LydiaFatOttter:
I do a ton of cooking for myself, but I'd love some ideas for good food that's semi-easy to make, tastes good, and is cheap and somewhat healthy (as gaining to 400 pounds can be).

I was looking for a meal with a max of about 5 ingredients, not counting herbs, spices, oil, and such.

I know we all love our sugars, but I need to keep that under control, sadly, so starches, fats, and proteins mostly.

Also, the goal would be 2500 to 4000 calories a day on a budget of 75 to 100 Aussie dollars a week.

Just as an FYI, starch breaks down to sugar during digestion. So if you are trying to control your sugar intake, you need to be mindful of your starch intake too.

As for keeping things between 75 - 100 AUD, I'm not in your country so I couldn't say. But I did find an article on cheap, high-calorie foods. So you can use this as inspiration and research:

www.appetitemax.com/blogs/weight-gain-blog/cheap-high-calorie-foods
9 months

LydiaFatOttter:

Munchies:
]www.appetitemax.com/blogs/weight-gain-blog/cheap-high-calorie-foods

This list is pretty good. I forced myself to not have fast food today. I wasn't sure if I could do it. So I ate stuff I had at home already - most of it is in this list. I'm at 2100 calories with dinner and a snack (maybe 2 lol) to come. I will cross 3000 easily.
9 months

LydiaFatOttter:

Munchies:
Just as an FYI, starch breaks down to sugar during digestion. So if you are trying to control your sugar intake, you need to be mindful of your starch intake too.

As for keeping things between 75 - 100 AUD, I'm not in your country so I couldn't say. But I did find an article on cheap, high-calorie foods. So you can use this as inspiration and research:

]www.appetitemax.com/blogs/weight-gain-blog/cheap-high-calorie-foods

Yeah I do know that but I do know starches have a slower digestion rate there fore lessen the peak in your blood sugar the massive spikes is what cases type 2 from what i remeber
9 months

LydiaFatOttter:

Munchies:

www.appetitemax.com/blogs/weight-gain-blog/cheap-high-calorie-foods

LydiaFatOttter:
Yeah I do know that but I do know starches have a slower digestion rate there fore lessen the peak in your blood sugar the massive spikes is what cases type 2 from what i remeber

Yes and no. Starches are complex carbohydrates/sugars so they do not cause the blood glucose spike that simple carbohydrates/sugars do. But not all starches are created equally. As a general rule of thumb, the more refined the starch is the more it will spike your blood sugar. In fact, some starches like white bread, rice cakes, and most breakfast cereals aren't much better than simple carbohydrates/sugars.
9 months