Feedback and suggestions

We need your help with - chat leak reports

A couple of days ago I had a discussion in the chat with some folks about the chat leaks that happen. Those in the chat decided that compiling some data would be helpful in finding out when and why this happens to see if there are patterns, and figure out how to fix the issue:

The easiest way collect the data would be to submit this to us on the site as and when it happens. To keep things private such as details about browsers and such, rather than posting all details here, it would be best to make an abuse report against FF Team Profile and copy the form / info below and fill it out.

I can then transfer this over to a program and do some data mining once we get enough reports.

Please submit an abuse report on the FF Team profile: Click Here

With the following details:

Time of chat leak:
Your time zone:
(For example England is BST British Summer Time).
Browser and version:
Using Mobile, Table, Desktop:
Using Mobile Data or Wifi:
Description of what happened immediately before, and after / what were your actions in the chat, what did you click on, were there any errors?:

For example:
* Did the chat automatically change to general before you sent the dm?
* Did you submit your dm in private chat and then chat changed to general?
* Is the dm shown in both private and general chat?
* Were you thrown into a private chat?
* Did the chat crash, freeze or have a blank screen when it happened or near to when the chat leak happened?
* Did your internet disconnect from mobile data or wifi?

Please also include anything else you can think of that you feel might be helpful?
7 months

C00kie:
A couple of days ago I had a discussion in the chat with some folks about the chat leaks that happen. Those in the chat decided that compiling some data would be helpful in finding out when and why this happens to see if there are patterns, and figure out how to fix the issue:

The easiest way collect the data would be to submit this to us on the site as and when it happens. To keep things private such as details about browsers and such, rather than posting all details here, it would be best to make an abuse report against FF Team Profile and copy the form / info below and fill it out.

I can then transfer this over to a program and do some data mining once we get enough reports.

Please submit an abuse report on the FF Team profile: Click Here

With the following details:

Time of chat leak:
Your time zone:
(For example England is BST British Summer Time).
Browser and version:
Using Mobile, Table, Desktop:
Using Mobile Data or Wifi:
Description of what happened immediately before, and after / what were your actions in the chat, what did you click on, were there any errors?:

For example:
* Did the chat automatically change to general before you sent the dm?
* Did you submit your dm in private chat and then chat changed to general?
* Is the dm shown in both private and general chat?
* Were you thrown into a private chat?
* Did the chat crash, freeze or have a blank screen when it happened or near to when the chat leak happened?
* Did your internet disconnect from mobile data or wifi?

Please also include anything else you can think of that you feel might be helpful?

I am happy that you guys are looking into this.
7 months

MarieTrans:
this isnt exactly related, but most the website aside from chat is broken for mobile users only

Really? I think it would be worthwhile to make a dedicated thread to cover this.

Of course, please be as specific as possible. What sections, what pages seem wrong, etc.
7 months

MarieTrans:
this isnt exactly related, but most the website aside from chat is broken for mobile users only

ILuvChubbyChix:
Really? I think it would be worthwhile to make a dedicated thread to cover this.

Of course, please be as specific as possible. What sections, what pages seem wrong, etc.

Just as ILuvChubbyChix has stated, this would have been helpful creating a dedicated thread, or reaching out to the moderator team, or site owner.

However I will say that we did have a site update, we don't always tell users about site updates especially with back end fixes. Sometimes updates can cause teething issues, and then myself and hiccupx go through the site and test all the pages and sections to ensure everything is working correctly.

You have likely experienced some issues while the update was being uploaded and then in the hour afterwards while we were testing and fixing anything that was affected.

If you are still experiencing issues using your mobile... Please create a forum thread detailing specifically what is not working, and with screenshots, also including your mobile device, os and browser version.

If we could now please keep this thread related to any issues with chat leaks, that would be great. Please follow the procedure outlined above to report issues.

Thanks.

c00kie
FF Team
6 months