Lifestyle tips

Giving up on vegetarianism

Startergainer01:
I'm giving up on vegetarianism (after about ~15 years of being so) soon, I've wanted to do it for a long time or a myriad of reasons, but now I reckon I actually will. If anyone has any experiences with it: What can I expect? Can I use this transition to shock my body into gaining a whole lot of weight? What should I eat to get used to it.

Never try to shock your body into anything. That's how you make yourself sick.

Just transition to an omnivorous diet first. Once you're settled in, then focus on weight gain.

This is not to say you can't gain on a vegetarian diet. There are a good chunk of vegetarian and vegan feedees on here. But focusing on too many things at once will make it harder for you to achieve your goals.

That said, you may end up gaining some weight anyway when you switch from a vegetarian to an omnivorous diet.
5 months

I gained weight when I stopped eating meat. I think it’s a lot easier to eat lean meat and feel full than on a low carb veggie diet. But I’m not looking to go back to eating meat for that reason (although I have thought about it). I guess you have way more fast food options as a meat eater.
5 months

Letters And Numbers:
I gained weight when I stopped eating meat. I think it’s a lot easier to eat lean meat and feel full than on a low carb veggie diet. But I’m not looking to go back to eating meat for that reason (although I have thought about it). I guess you have way more fast food options as a meat eater.

Startergainer01:
That's interesting. Thank you. I'm not just quitting vegetarianism for weight gain sake, though. Thank you for the recommendation.

Oh, I would hope you’d have a better reason for it cause, you know, cake and donuts fit into a vegetarian diet just fine!
5 months