Fat experiences

Running is no longer possible

Any other athletes here?

In the summer time, when the local swimming pools is open, I go swimming twice a week. Not for loosing weight but to stay fit and healthy. When the swimming pool closes, I go running instead. Since this autumn I realized it gets harder to finish my usual route (about 6km) due to
joint pains. Usually I just maintain my weight but I gained 2kg in the last 2 month and I feel I'm now exactly at the tipping point where I can't run anymore.

On the one hand, I want to continue running, on the other, I don't want to loose weight.
Hmm....
6 months

I'd say I'm a former athlete. I still used to run quite actively year or two ago, but I stopped mainly because I kinda lost interest, but also because I think I'm not in a good enough shape. I guess that running for example 5 kilometers could be to much for me at this moment.

Nowadays I just walk or cycle occasionally and I also like to swim quite often, so that I have atleast some physical activity.
6 months

10 years ago I was 130 and I’d run around a heated room in a heavy winter coat to make weight for wrestling now I can hardly walk up a 45 degree incline without being gassed for air. I used to think maybe I was in good shape for my weight but something changed pretty recently that I can’t keep up as well maybe it’s my age, more weight or long Covid not sure. But it’s whatever I’m comfortable walking and as long as it’s not to far of a walk on the incline I’m fine
6 months

Blabl87:
Any other athletes here?

In the summer time, when the local swimming pools is open, I go swimming twice a week. Not for loosing weight but to stay fit and healthy. When the swimming pool closes, I go running instead. Since this autumn I realized it gets harder to finish my usual route (about 6km) due to
joint pains. Usually I just maintain my weight but I gained 2kg in the last 2 month and I feel I'm now exactly at the tipping point where I can't run anymore.

On the one hand, I want to continue running, on the other, I don't want to loose weight.
Hmm....

As a former athlete who got fat, I can relate. There were a few years where I didn’t run because I was afraid I couldn’t. Earlier this year I started running again, slowly and much shorter distances, but I was running. Even though I’m at my heaviest weight ever, running a couple times a week has helped me feel so much healthier. I also haven’t lost a pound.

It’s understandable why a lot of fat people don’t want to run and I’m not here to tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t do. But if you want to run, I’m just letting you know that it’s possible. Even if you’re obese.
6 months

Blabl87:
Any other athletes here?

Hmm....

Bills225:
As a former athlete who got fat, I can relate. There were a few years where I didn’t run because I was afraid I couldn’t. Earlier this year I started running again, slowly and much shorter distances, but I was running. Even though I’m at my heaviest weight ever, running a couple times a week has helped me feel so much healthier. I also haven’t lost a pound.

It’s understandable why a lot of fat people don’t want to run and I’m not here to tell anyone what they should or shouldn’t do. But if you want to run, I’m just letting you know that it’s possible. Even if you’re obese.

Fat athletes are and have always been a thing. Sure, there might be some things that are harder to do when you are fat. But I know fat athletes that are in better shape than some people half their size will ever be.

Remember that size does not equal health or fitness.
6 months

Blabl87:
Any other athletes here?

Hmm....

Bills225:

Munchies:
Fat athletes are and have always been a thing. Sure, there might be some things that are harder to do when you are fat. But I know fat athletes that are in better shape than some people half their size will ever be.

Remember that size does not equal health or fitness.

Excellent point. Just watch any American football game and you will see some super talented fat athletes all over the field.
6 months