General

Changing the public profile of feeding

In the thread that Max started, there's been a big debate about being 'out' as an FA and so on, and there was a loose consensus that one should be out as an FA but not as a feeder. The basic idea here is that feeding is a sexual practice, and therefore not anyone's business.

But someone had to be talking about BDSM publicly to make it more acceptable--when I was a kid, it was thought of as grotesque and horrific, and now it's something that ordinary couples can consider trying out, and it's easy to get gear for everything from the mildest to the most intense practices.

I'm not preaching any particular course of action, but I am asking a question: am I alone in caring about the public profile of feeding? do others of you long for a time when we're less hidden? I don't want to tell everyone what I do--not by ANY means--but I do wish I didn't have to be embarrassed and secretive about it.

Is there a way forward? Do you want one?
14 years

im with you on that, i am open about being an FA and a feeder/feedee.
i do agree that most people or do make u feel embarassed about it or some people even make u out to be digusting for it. ive had mixed reactions u know.
i hope we can find a way forward a way where people can see that its not a bad or dirty thing.
we just have to figure it out
14 years

Well, I think more people would experiment with it if they

a) knew it existed (see jester's post above);

smiley understood that we aren't all killers like the fat community and movies like *Feeder* make us out to be.

As someone who has yet to find a workable feeding relationship in a reasonable distance from where I live--and I admit, I'm picky, but I'm entitled to want to be around people I like and can talk to and find attractive!--I really feel the need for a change in our public profile.

But I began this thread with Earthling's question ringing in my ears. Does no one else wish there were more of us? or that it seemed ok to suggest experimenting with feeding to dates? or listing it on a dating website as an interest?

If you answered yes to any of those three questions, doesn't that logically mean our public profile needs some help?
14 years

juicy wrote
Well, I think more people would experiment with it if they

a) knew it existed (see jester's post above);

smiley understood that we aren't all killers like the fat community and movies like *Feeder* make us out to be.

As someone who has yet to find a workable feeding relationship in a reasonable distance from where I live--and I admit, I'm picky, but I'm entitled to want to be around people I like and can talk to and find attractive!--I really feel the need for a change in our public profile.

But I began this thread with Earthling's question ringing in my ears. Does no one else wish there were more of us? or that it seemed ok to suggest experimenting with feeding to dates? or listing it on a dating website as an interest?

If you answered yes to any of those three questions, doesn't that logically mean our public profile needs some help?

Awesome stuff Juicy, glad someone gets where i'm coming from.

Personally I would love to see it more open and not by going around forcing the idea on other people and making us look like force feeding machines, but by playing on everyones natural foodee tendencies.

From that nuturing feeling u get from feeding someone to the erotic playing with food as foreplay, every human being has at some point or other felt good about eating or feeding someone. If we could make it known that there is a community for this sort of thing i'm sure it would bring many more out of the woodworks...

Max Out

smiley
14 years