Heavy cream a bad idea? :p

I had the same thing happen OP: tried heavy cream just a bit here and there in my coffee, and it wreaked havoc on me. Half & half works a lot better on me. I haven't tried it with ice cream or chocolate syrup, but I do like it with root beer - tastes like a float!

I haven't done it long-term, so I can't say what effect it's had on me. But it sure tastes good!
7 years

How big do you wanna be?

300 for now, and I'll see how I feel when I get there.
9 years

Attempted sit-ups

Wow...I just tried some after reading this post, and no, I can't really do situps anymore. I used to do about 100 twice a week, though this was about 7 years and forty, maybe fifty pounds ago.

Now? I'm 285, and it's just not happening. I got to 8 before I decided "Nope, can't do that anymore!" I can still walk just fine, however, and I can still swim (just not as far or fast I used to.)
9 years

College weight gain

I don't remember exact numbers, but I think I started around 200, maybe 220, and ended around 250, 260 - so about 10 pounds/year.
9 years

Weight gain since high school

I graduated in 2001 at around 200, maybe 220. I weighed in this morning at 285.
9 years

Sucking in for shame

I don't really suck it in, but I do tense my stomach muscles a little sometimes when I'm around people I'm self-conscious near (extended family, mostly.) I've started doing it less recently because 1) I've started actively gaining, and it's getting a little hard to deny that I've put on weight, 2) some of my relatives have gained a little themselves, so I'm not alone, and 3) I really just don't care anymore.

But yes, I did suck it in out of shame at some point, but that time has come and gone. I found that holding it in for everyone got exhausting, both mentally and physically.
9 years

Whole milk or soda

I had the chance to try this a few days ago with half & half and a nice root beer, and WOW, it was delicious! Creamy, smooth, definitely fattening. If you can stand dairy, I'd recommend trying it.
9 years

Weight gain from the holidays

I'm hoping for a modest 12 pounds - I'm at 279, and my heaviest weight was 290, so I'm hoping to edge it out this year. I've gained ~2 pounds/week since November 9th, so I think I can do it with a little extra eating. Fingers crossed (and then uncrossed so I can keep eating!)
9 years

Secret gluttony?

I'm definitely a secret eater. I commute about an hour south, and I usually stop by the grocery store before going to my first class. When I don't need to rush home, I usually stop for a fast food dinner, or stop by a different grocery store for corn dogs.

I like to keep snacks around my desk for long writing sessions (particularly now, as NaNoWriMo is in full swing,) but keeping them hidden and discreetly disposing of wrappers can be challenging.
9 years

Seeking feedee in or

Providing things stayed platonic, I'd love to chat and eventually meet up!
9 years
12345   loading