Upcoming games

This is probably stretching the definition of 'upcoming' as it's expected completion date is late 2016, but I'm looking forward to the remake of 'Pathologic' (by Ice Pick Lodge), the Kickstarter has recently reached its target, I'm happy to have contributed smiley
9 years

Help: is he a fa or no?

As has been said above, it's pretty hard to give a straight yes/no to this kind of thing without knowing them.

Is he an FA - seems likely. If he isn't (his answers may not signify an *exclusive* attraction to fat women, possibly he likes women of all shapes and sizes), it sounds like he's very much into *you*.

I've never done the whole internet dating thing, so the compatibility stuff is slightly beyond me, but on the whole it sounds like you've got a decent jumping off point from which to *find out* if he's worth your time.
9 years

Alcoholic drinks? post one

TheBlackWizards wrote:
Getting unmarked bottles of lemonade and water mixed up at a festival I was at led to the creation of a new cocktail:

Skinny Rum.

pour 2 doubles of rum into a glass.
dilute with water until glass is full.
grimace and savour the disappointment.

Isn't that basically grog (a name which has the advantage of sounding about as unappetising as the instructions do)?
9 years

London meet september indulge

I certainly plan on being there smiley
9 years

Are there any christians here?

I am not religious at all, but this is an interesting question. One thing to consider is that the Bible is, whether you believe it's contents or not, a product of it's time. The New Testament is from a period where agriculture probably wasn't far above subsistence level and many local economies based at least in part on slavery,which negatively effects their output. Gluttony is perhaps better understood as an 'excess in use' (I think the focus on food has been a mistaken one, and heard it argued that 'gluttonous' behaviour applies to any activity or resource used in excess eg. excessive smoking, alcoholism, pollution etc) as a counterpart to Greed's 'excess in desire/possession'. In this context it is easy to see the problem with 'overeating' in the period the Bible directly addresses - that is if one eats a lot, another almost by definition goes hungry.

The thing is that this isn't now the case. Those who are hungry are kept so more by problems in distribution rather than those of production*. There is more food produced than all the feedees/feeders in the world could get through. In that context, does 'gluttony' in that broader sense of overconsumption I mentioned earlier really mean anything when applied to food? Maybe you disagree, but I think it worth considering.

I have no idea how accurate a translation this is, but I did once come across a verse that did appeal:

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread, and your labour for that which does not satisfy. Hearken diligently to me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in fatness.
Isaiah 55:1-3

smiley

*This isn't to say that improvements in production in hungry areas would not greatly help matters.
9 years

Do you feel sexy ?

Not really. I've felt worse, I'm mostly indifferent now.
9 years

Fat ladies in spaaaace!

'Dear Steven Moffat,
Please add Phoebe to the new series of Doctor Who.
Cheers
Diggers'

This book is a ridiculously cute, cool idea.
9 years

Indulge 19th july, london

I hope I can make it smiley , I'll have to see how busy that weekend is work-wise nearer the time smiley
9 years

So what games are you playing?

Yeah, this kinda sums up the Steam summer sales. I still haven't finished all the stuff I bought last year...pray for me smiley
9 years

New say something nice thread!

A gorgeous woman who routinely has something fun to say.
9 years
23456   loading