First bad experience on ff

fatso25 wrote:
This is all to common with any online community and says far more about him and his own fears/insecurities/dishonesty etc than it does about you.

Don't let it put you off but do remember that things are rarely as they seem online and protect your heart accordingly.

A lot of people love the fantasy side of things and think they want it to be reality until they have the chance and then are overcome with fear and cowardice.

This is really good advice, as as said above, this sort of behaviour is definitely not just something that happens on FF but any meet up / dating site.

The username disappearing means that they deleted their entire profile I'm afraid. As fatso said for many people this site is just a fantasy, but I think it's unfair when those same people lead others on who do want something out of this site in real life.

I've been on this site many years and here are a few pointers I would add from those experiences to help sort out the real people from the fantasists.

- If you're looking for real contact, don't bother contacting anyone who hasn't been a member on the site for at least several months. SO many people here come and go all the time to hide from people they've messed around.

- If they seem too good to be true, they usually are. Always have this at the back of your mind.

- If you have been talking for weeks, even months but haven't moved outside of FF, (Facebook, ***, texting, calls etc) alarm bells should be ringing. Either they are ashamed of their fetish (and will therefore want to date you in secret) or they're married / have a partner already.

- Do your research. If you know their real name, look them up online, but bear in mind people can create entirely false social media profiles too. Unconnected friends from all over the world are usually the easiest giveaway for this, alongside a complete lack of photos uploaded by others where the profile owner has been tagged. Aside from Facebook stalking, ask about his daily life and job. Do his working hours and material wealth tie up? If he's working shifts at Wal Mart, chances are that new car in the picture he sent you is a hire car or a friends! He says he works for a top law firm? Call up their switchboard and ask for him (then hang up before being transferred if it's legit)! You get the idea.

- Google image search is your best friend. Drag and drop the photos they send in to it. You would be amazed how many ugly blokes use stolen bodybuilder or male model photos, and anyone who says in 2014 that they don't have any sort of camera is just a total liar, so steer well clear.

- Finally don't invest too much time / money / heartache etc in one person until you are really really sure. On here and other sites everyone gets a few knock backs, but I've also met some fantastic people in my time here too, so it's not all bad!

Good luck!
9 years

Picture theft

RockinRolls wrote:
Will the thread remain off and will you actively discourage the use of re-posting identifiable material?

The difficulty here is that FF works in a very different way to Curvage. The two sites are not as similar as the casual user might expect. On FF, site members are only allowed to post pictures of themselves. A guy posting loads of pictures of random BBW's would never be allowed and FF has always been very strict on this. When this does happen the photos are always removed. Photos that look a bit dodgy or fake / stolen are also regularly challenged (I did this myself for some 3-4 years as a moderator here).

Curvage however is quite different and has always primarily been based around guys posting pictures of random 'curvy' girls. In the last couple of years you've had more girls posting pictures directly over there, but primarily most of the content there is probably stolen, or certainly used without consent. A couple of years back I had my pictures from here stolen and used by a gay guy on a gay fetish site and I was very angry, so I do sympathise with the people here who have had their photos taken without consent.

If Curvage went down the FF route of not allowing members to post photos of anyone other than themselves, then then the site would be dead within weeks if not days. It is a key part of that site.

Given the above, I think complete removal of the FF member thread and making sure further FF member threads do not appear, along with making reporting options a lot better is probably the best halfway house option.

That's my two cents anyway.
9 years

Reading someone's profile

clive2007 wrote:
Fastfooddeliveryservice wrote:
Also people only support the women when they are gaining but should a women decide it was wrong for her or she feels a little bit uncomfortable or unattractive and suggest she might lose a little bit of it then all hell breaks loose, she loses all support and rather than talking to her about it and either reassuring her she looks good or helping her out, people turn their backs on her and say your not allowed to talk about that here, but other websites for that are available.

She then feels used, get disgruntled and leaves. Now no one told her to gain it was her choice but we all enjoyed her whilst she was fulfilling our fetish. No support though if she shrinks a little.

If this site wants more women to join and stay, it needs to change it's views and be more unstanding.

There is nothing wrong with a woman whose weight yoyo's because she can't make her mind, so support her as you know she will only grow twice. Once a little bit, lose it because she was uncomfortable and she criticised by close ones then she thinks to hell with them and second time around she will pile it on like she originally intended, except she will share it with a different website instead of us because we weren't there for her when it mattered!!!

Thats a bit harsh. I know what you're saying and where you're come from with this, but when the "all hell lets loose moment" comes to use your vernacular, its because she is actively talking about the losing of weight which is not encouraged here. If all she does is to say something on the lines of "sorry, this wasn't for me, so long and thanks for all the fish....etc." well thats fine, but if she goes on about asking how to lose weight, work out, whatever - thats when the admin shut the thread down. We can be understanding, but we don't talk about weight loss. As has been pointed out ad nausuea, there are websites for that

Clive is correct and I think your post stems from our lively debate in the shout box the other night. The female member you refer to has not left the site though???

It's a weight gain site, period, and one of a very small number of sites that caters for this fetish. There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of websites for discussing weight loss and slimming etc. I guarantee you 90% plus of our members (especially the fat ones rather than the admirers) don't want to see weight loss discussion of any sort here. I think as a fairly slim guy it's harder for you to appreciate just how upsetting it is seeing weight loss talk here. This is the ONE place on the internet and in my daily life that's a respite from it. If you or others really must discuss weight loss on a fat fetish and weight GAIN website then Dimensions allows it. Whether that's in any way related to why that site is pretty dead in the water these days is unclear.

Allowing weight loss discussion on here would be a bit like encouraging drinking on the alcoholics anonymous website, or selling people cheap cigarettes on a giving up smoking website. It just doesn't belong and the site owner will back that up.

Back to reading profiles and people being scared off though. I think women in the main are scared away from here by extremely sexual messages from the start(which given the content of the site will be inevitable), and also just the sheer volume of messages. If you're a shy person it can be a little daunting when you first join.

Another big problem is men who have anger issues, poor social skills and just lack basic manners by being rude or sometimes downright nasty to women if they don't respond to their messages. I've seen that many many many times from my previous site modding experience, and also from chatting to female friends here.

Like almost anywhere on the web, a few silly men can spoil things for the mostly nice majority. That being said, many female members who do leave often come back, sometimes numerous times. Once they are more used to the site and know how to handle the idiots (reporting them or telling them where to go) then generally they will stay. I think most men who do want genuine contact rather than just a quick fapping session do read the profiles, and probably have better luck with the ladies as a result.

In the past when I wanted to get to know a new girl on the site, I would generally wait a few weeks for the initial mad rush to die down, and also to see if they were going to stick around before I messaged them.

From my experiences, the women that do really leave for good and don't come back are ones who have either settled down with a partner, moved on from or lost interest in the fetish, or have just lost weight and left.
9 years

Feeling unwanted

OniGumo wrote:
Yeah, it just feels harder sometimes. Most times I at least have my online friends.....

That's your problem, online friends are fine but they are no match for the real thing. Try and get out more, join a a local club, go to local bars, just get out and about and you'll soon make friends.
9 years

Relationships?

SilverRider wrote:
You do have to put in serious effort to find someone suitable for relationship purposes. And then when you do it's hit and miss, just like any other dating site. There's also those who just want sex and act out their fantasies, as it's primarily a fetish site.

Basically, what I've learned is... you just have to go into it expecting nothing more than sex, if it materialises into something else it's a bonus. No false promises that way.

This is good advice and I completely agree. So so many people seem to forget this is primarily a sexual fetish site. It's definitely not OK Cupid or POF. What the majority of people will be looking for here is very different to what people on those sites will be looking for.
9 years

Dealing with your doctor

gearmaster123 wrote:
Diabetes is no joke mate. It's not fat hate. It's not discrimination. It's a real danger. By being super fat you can become resistant to insulin and no amount of generic vitamins will fix that. Plus with type 2 you are more susceptible to heart attack.

I've seen several of my family members become very very sick as a result of diabetes. One of them wasn't much older than the OP and a similar weight and his quality of life and overall health is very poor now.

I think there is sometimes a bit of a blasé attitude to Diabetes, both generally but perhaps even more so in this community.

As a gainer myself though I do sympathise with you. For me though, having suffered from health problems (unrelated to gaining) in the past, I have certainly had enough of hospitals already at 28, so if I had concrete proof that my health was in danger then I would lose the weight in a heartbeat. I'd be sad for sure, but I value living a normal happy life more than any sexual fetish. Honestly it really really sucks being ill or stuck in hospital. Trust me!

Get a second opinion from a different (and hopefully more fat friendly) Doctor, as advised but if they say the same, then ignore the warnings at your peril!
9 years

Curvage.org

johnxyz wrote:
Feedism is back!

No apology or any explanation for the 6 weeks of downtime though. Curvage is in a totally different league.
9 years

Do you feel sexy ?

SoShy wrote:
What if all you ever get in the "real world" is abuse?

....and get followed down the street by some idiot yelling and throwing things at you, where do you find confidence? ....If you confront them, you run the risk of violence and speaking from experience, when you've been pushed into oncoming traffic and the police arrive - it's YOUR fault for "encouraging" them.

And online dating - how do you feel confident after another day of "UR UGLY LOL" and "kill urself"?

There is more to this than you're letting on. Unless you live in some absolutely awful place, this sort of behaviour just doesn't happen without something provoking it. Certainly not on a daily basis anyway.

Being pushed into traffic? That's assault, maybe even attempted murder. That can't have just been the result of an insult and you telling them to get lost or similar.

In places like London, you see all kinds of very fat, very thin, very tattooed, or just plain weird people who are different from the 'norm' all the time and no one ever bats an eyelid.

Perhaps you could try moving and a fresh start?

Two years ago I was pretty down and depressed. I was badly in debt, had moved back home, hated my job and had just come out of a second failed relationship with someone on here.

I was prescribed anti depressants but never took them. Instead I did my best to block out the sad feelings and worked hard to get myself out of debt (I'm almost there), find a new job (took 18 months but I changed in April), and I was also lucky enough to meet someone new on here who is amazing.

I don't often feel sexy in real life, but I get the chance to on here, and with people I meet from here (which is then real life I guess) and that's good enough for me.

There is no one person who can magically fix your situation. You have to put the effort in yourself. It will seem hard and pointless a lot of the time but don't give up and good luck.
9 years

Curvage.org

darthstuffer wrote:
I'm glad it's not just me having this issue. I wonder if someone didn't pay the bill. Wasn't there a thread in the general discussion area saying that someone wanted to get it shut down? if feedism is down too it makes me think someone was successful in doing that if the rumor was true. Hopefully it'll be back at some point, but the last time it was down this long, it was re-started.

it's been a while since i've been on LTC but that seems to be a no-find as well.

LTC and Curvage are both run by the same guy. Curvage recently upgraded their model membership thing and charged a lot more for it. Maybe he's got the money in and done a runner! Who knows.

Feedism.net has been down for some 6 weeks now, so I think it's pretty safe to assume it's gone. Funny seeing as they were always so critical of this place smiley
9 years

Why im here...

Elanor wrote:
The Only Weigh is Essex wrote:
It's important to remember this is a fat fetish site first and foremost. Over the years the site has taken on more mainstream members who aren't necessarily into gaining etc, which is great, but those people should remember what the site is about.

Be this a fetish site or no, it does not warrant humiliating and offending people. Firstly, there are others ways to express your feelings towards fat people. Secondly, consent consent consent. By the way, did I mention consent?
There are genuinely some people on this site who really do want to be humiliated and teased / poked fun at for their weight though. For me personally I find it really really weird and it's not something I'd ever be into, but it seems fairly common and must just be part of the wider fetish. I agree you (and plenty of others) didn't consent to or ask to be spoken to in that way, but what I'm saying is that with some women liking it, I can see why it does happen more widely that's all.
9 years
2345   loading