Housing and life needs

dania201:
Recently bought and modified a home. Super expensive, but I’m pretty happy with the results so far.

-Lipless shower
-No stairs (including exterior)
-40” doors throughout for chair access as needed
-Reinforcing for Handlebars at key spots
-Modified kitchen
-Turn radius in bathroom
-Walk in closed with big AC vent
-Serious AC
-Lever doorknobs
-Better furniture

This sounds dreamy. ♥️
2 years

Caring for the immobile death feedee

I did just find a hoyer lift that goes to 1500 but I don’t even think it’s orderable and certainly isn’t Medicare compliant. I still call bluff. :/
2 years

Caring for the immobile death feedee

Tigerlily33:
I had to cut my reply short, I got called into a Dr faster then expected.

Yes he was1289 pounds at the end. It took 8 years, 10 months and 6 days to get there from a starting point of 250.

I never forced him, I just enabled him. I never told him no. We averaged 10-15 pounds per month. He had no family.

To keep him clean, I and his paid staffing used a hoyer lift built into the ceiling to move him, change the bedding and put him in the shower. He did not walk at all the last 6 years. He was in diapers 24/7. He was hand fed and drank shake out of bottles. It was his idea to funnel feed him and his idea to increase from 3 to 5 meals a day.

I enabled him to live his dreams. I have many people wanting me to do the same thing to them.

He was on social security disability and he would often be on his computer ordering more food from the grocery store and this grocery store delivers to the front door of his apartment where I or his staff would bring it to him.

Everyone in his life knew what he was doing. I just kept him happy. He was happy being full.

I don’t mean to be a debbie downer but I’m currently living this life of extreme fatness immobility. I’ve been unable to stand or walk for 15 months and it’s been challenge after challenge. I use a hoyer lift as well to be moved or transferred and to have a bowel movement. I’ve struggled so much finding DME (durable medical equipment that’s rated to my weight and I’m half the size she speaks of at 1289. My hoyer is rated to 1000lbs and that’s the maximum they manufacture. The largest slings barely work for my immensity and put so much pressure on the underside of my legs I can’t imagine how they wouldn’t immediately tear the skin of someone double my weight. Additionally, diapers go up to 5xl max and they’re a joke. They just add skimpy panels to extend the parts that go around your pannus and don’t consider the rest of your bigger body. Lastly, there’s no way a 1200lb person is using a hoyer to get in the shower. I can’t fit in my oversized ada shower, lift or not. Someone that size would be regulated to bed baths only.

All that being said, I call bluff on this person. I’m sorry but I would hate for the wrong information to be put out as a learning experience that’s just fantasy fodder. I realize I’m way late into adding my opinion. But I’ve just seen it and I say that those who think this honest, to take heed. If you want to just fantasize about it, it’s all very thrilling, but it’s impossibly inaccurate if planning this for yourself or a feedee partner.

Hugs all around,
Heather
2 years

Housing and life needs

Where are the billionaire FAs and why haven’t they built a village of fat friendly homes with widened doorways, huge showers, and reinforced stays to sell to mega fats at fair prices?

Being bedridden this past year and moving has been a challenge. I had one overpriced home option to rent in a town that I don’t really want to be in and in a home I don’t really love but was forced to choose for the handicap features I need. The owner was also immobile and the VA modified this home.

I’ve tried to focus on purchasing something then doing alterations but it’s a huge process here in CA and the prices are staggering and I am not part of the VA.

I’m looking into other states but honestly, nothing is promising or a viable solution.

Anyway, my thoughts are that I need a billionaire buddy, to win the lottery, or to find out I’ve had a trust in my name from some mysterious family member. Or, maybe you’ve suggestions?

It was hard sorting things when I could walk and I sorted it out as best I could. But honestly, what are mega fats and immobile fats doing for comfortable and suitable housing?

Sorry for the scattered post, but I thought that this and one other place I’m going to post might initiate conversation, ideas, and possible solutions for those in similar situations.
2 years

Immobility

Carolina_Dee wrote
daj462 wrote
Have you looked into getting a (used) scooter?
My wife is abour 350# and has one(3 wheel). And I've been to event were gals your size have had 4 wheel ones. Used ones can be had for about 1/2 price if that is an issue.
We had a lift installed in our van (removed 3 of the removable seats), others have had a ramp of various sorts installed or placed in their vehicles.
Just a thought smiley
Thanks, I'm doing fine with the wheelchair right now. But, I will look into getting a scooter down the road.

Dee if you drop ne a PM I might be able to help you out with providing a used scooter. I just got a newer one and have a spare.

Hugs,
Heather
13 years

The incredible reality

KellieKay wrote
Wow! What an awesome and honest thread, I love what you had to say Heather. I was wondering if it was ok with you to add some stuff to this from a similar but different view, aka mine!

Would that be ok with you?

Eeeek! I just seen this now smiley I'm sorry for the delayed response. I welcome any additions from your perspective. smiley

Fat Hugs,
Heather
13 years

The incredible reality

I'm sorry I'm late in responding to most of you - I planned on doing it sooner but it's been incredibly busy here.

I hope I haven't overdone it by responding to so many folks at once. smiley

Also, I just wanted to make this additional post because I want it to be known that I in no way meant to discourage people from achieving their goals/fantasies in regards to extreme weight gain. That is absolutely the last thing that would ever enter my mind. smiley

Fatter Hugs,
Heather
13 years

The incredible reality

Moonchild wrote

What would you rather she say? The impression I got is that Heather's counting her blessings and pointing out that sadly not everyone is as fortunate.

Thank you Mr. Zombie Pirate! smiley
13 years
1234   loading