Heavy cream is very sneaky

JackSteven:
'heavy' or double cream is just thicker than single cream, no more calories. The thinner stuff is more like milk so could be easier to drink.

Curveman:
Sorry Jack but I can't let this go unchallenged. Double cream has about 48% fat whereas heavy cream has about 36% and single cream around 18%. There is a correspondingly huge difference in calories too. You are of course correct in that in general the runnier it is the easier it is to drink. I have found a big difference between brands in Double Cream in the UK. For example the Jersey stuff I get from Spar tends to be thick whereas the double cream from Sainsburys or Tesco tends to be quite runny. Same fat content though at 48-50%.

JackSteven:
Going off the label on Tesco's Double and Single cream they are the same calories. Maybe the label is wrong or maybe we're not talking about the same thing.

ILuvChubbyChix:
Are you sure you didn't miss also looking at serving size?

In the U.S., for heavy cream the label typically says 50 calories a serving. But a "serving" is only 1 tablespoon, or half a fluid ounce. Whereas for half & half, it says 40 calories per serving, which while that's not much below 50, is for 2 tablespoons, or 1 fluid ounce. So to really compare apples to apples, you have to convert serving sizes, proportionally.

Thus, 100 calories per fluid ounce of heavy cream (36%) vs. half & half which is 40 per fluid ounce (10.5%).

I kind of wish we had double cream that was runny, as it would be easier to either drink or mix into shakes.

The U.S. does have something called "manufacturing cream" which is 40%, and 60 calories per tablespoon, or 120 calories per fluid ounce. But almost no one sells it. Wish I knew where to get some.

JackSteven:
I think you're right about that. Looking in the website 100ml single cream is about 200kcal and double is over 400kcal, hence double.

Mind you Tesco's labelling is a bit crazy. Their cornbread description says it's made with corn flour. However hastily printed on the label it says 'contains wheat'. The ingredients listing does list wheat but does not list corn flour.

This maybe a result of COVID-19 since I'm sure it was OK a couple of months ago.

For the avoidance of doubt: Double cream has a significantly higher fat content, and therefore calorie content, than single cream.

100ml of single cream contains approximately 190kcal, whereas 100ml of double cream contains 465kcal.

A standard 300ml pot of double cream contains 1395kcal.
3 years

Wanting to gain more, but having trouble with acid reflux.

fatchance:
Han,

Jack is EXACTLY correct.

No he isn’t. And while I most certainly advocate becoming informed with regard to any medical condition one might develop and the treatment choices available, you both are in the realm of paranoid medical illiteracy.
4 years

Consent and permission: where to draw the line?

chubbybutt22:
I would instantly dump a guy if he had a fat fetish. I think 4 and 5 are okay. But I would still dump the guy.

becomingoverweight:
Why are you even on a fat fetish website?

Yes! What are you doing here?
4 years

Is it possible to get rid off fat fetish?

EvilFeeder:
Did she put it in writing?

High:
You have to change your name to PoliticallyCorrectfeeder

It would seem that you don’t know the definition of “politically correct”.
4 years

Consent and permission: where to draw the line?

If they are your partner, then anything lower than 6 is deliberately deceptive and abusive.
4 years

High:
Uh, hard no. You lie. Normal people understand non-verbal consent.

Did she put it in writing?
4 years

Bk's impossible whopper has 18 million times the estrogen of a reg whopper

The article is silly. Multiple studies have been carried out into soy, its phytoestrogens and their effects on the body.

I encourage you to google it if you’re interested. However, most importantly, don’t be scared by nonsense articles that report that food A has 18,000,000 times more of X than food B, since the quantity of X in food B more often than not turns out to be effectively zero.
4 years

I need incentive ideas to get my lazy boyfriend to fatten up.

Raev77:
Hes very lazy but wants to be fat. So lazy he just doesnt eat sometimes. I am looking for incentive ideas to get him to blimp up.

Have you tried some sort of system of sexual rewards? Perhaps you could set calorie goal for him, and only once he meets them does he get to enjoy certain benefits?
4 years

allgrownup:
That might be the easiest thing, yes; to just not have this sexual reaction to this. But that's not how life seems to work.

BUt just because you have an urge doesn't mean you have to act on it and with it. That is where your free will comes in.

Is that hard? Sure. Is really liking cocaine but not taking it because you don't like the consequences of physical addiction hard? Absolutely. Because it's hard should you advice your friend to take cocaine anyway? Maybe not.

For me, I find this vice one of the least harmful. I discovered I have it, shared that knowledge with my wife (who isn't into it at all), and am actively enabling my wife to overeat and gain weight. It's a fun hobby, growing your partner while encouraging her to do the very things she doesn't really want to do yet does anyway because it's almost stronger than her.

DaniGirlOH:
Um that's messed up. This sounds like abusive form of feederism and not something someone who took a vow to love someone would do beyond their will and blessing. You need to do some serious reflection and priority-setting.

This. 👆👆👆
4 years

Women are so lucky to be stared at and so admired

This thread exists due to an absence of an understanding of gender power dynamics. Education is failing men and it is failing women.
4 years
34567   loading