Gender neutral stories

marakinsis:
Can we mark stories' characters as gender-neutral?

This would be a good idea. Although I doubt there will be too many interested in it, it wouldn't hurt allowing this option.

marakinsis:
And, by extension, can those characters appear regardless of which gender is chosen for "character gaining weight" in the search?

No, please no! Those who don't care about the gender of the main character, can just refrain from using the filter.
But those people who do use a filter, are only interested in one specific gender, so it won't do any good to force other stories upon them.
4 years

Using the metric system

Although this website attracts an international audience, it seems the vast majority of members are from the USA, where they don't routinely use the metric system.

I try to avoid using numbers directly in stories, but sometimes the plot requires it.

In my recent story (next seat) both the setting and the plot requires metric units. I just used metric with a short explanation at the beginning, and I even hinted at an approximate conversion near the end, for those who don't want to take their time to calculate it or look it up.

So, I would like ask a few questions:

1. How familiar are US readers with metric weights? If I say someone weighs 100 kg, do they instantly realize whether it's thin, average, chubby or obese, or do they need to google it?

2. Is it OK how I used it in the story? The plot requires increments of ten, which would have been too small gains in pounds. And 10, 20, 30 looks better than 22, 44, 66 (or just 20, 40, 60). Also, the story is set in Europe. One might say the weights should be translated (just as the conversation is not necessarily in English in-universe), but then it might look odd to find characters talking about pounds in places where it's not used at all.
4 years

Fat and heathly?

It depends. Fat is not a 100% guarantee for bad health, it is a risk factor. It doesn't necessarily cause problems, it might just increase the chances for them to appear.

Just like smoking is a strong risk factor for lung cancer, but here are young people who never smoked and get lung cancer, and there are chain smokers who live to 90 years without having such problems. Still, it changes the odds.

I've seen people with relatively little extra weight suffering from it medically, and also people almost wider than tall without health problems.
4 years

Tips on how to be more open and less ashamed of being a feedee

subfeeder1994:
How can I feel less shame for liking this?

You have the perfect opportunity to prepare and to train yourself while you are still thin, which you very much are, even by non-FF standards, if your photos are recent.

You can start small, probing both yourself and others. You can still safely claim that you like eating a lot, most people will casually tell it doesn't seem to have an effect on you. By talking about it while you are thin and therefore it's not embarrassing, you can get comfortable in saying it and searching your feelings after you've said it.

Many thin women often pinch their skin and say that they've gained weight, if only for others to reassure them that they don't look fat. It's quite common, so if you asked "Am I looking fat in these clothes?", "I think I gained some weight", etc., people won't find it strange, and it won't be embarrassing, because many thin women say such things regularly. But you can use it to keep practicing saying that and taking note on how other people react and how you feel about it.

Therefore, if and when you gain enough weight for it to become visible, you won't be in the awkward situation of having to say something weight-related out loudly the first time in your life.
4 years

How are story views calculated?

i-am-eighteen-i-swear:

The take away from this: Complete your story (or a large chunk of it) then post. Do not post one or two, then slowly update. Without quick consistent updates, or large multichapter updates, the story will fall down in the section.

Yes, you are right, according to the recent changes. In the past a story was more visible if it was updated slowly, one chapter at a time.
I should have waited with my recent story until it was completely finished. Actually it is 99% finished, but there are parts I'm still doing some finishing about, but I couldn't wait and posted the first 1/3 of it. Next time I'll wait until it's completely finished.
4 years

Holding the stories section to ransom

Sadly, as I like to write short self-consistent stories, each with their own characters and themes, in a more literary style, I find that they face a very heavy disadvantage.

I could instead write a story with no grammar, no punctuation, where the title is only " gets fat", and the "story" is deliberately just random blabbering about higher and higher numbers showing up on the scale, some poorly written sexually explicit (but in no way erotic) parts which are just laden with expletives without any coherency, then break it up into dozens of very very short chapters (laden with whitespace), and I would get many orders of magnitude more views.

No, I must resist the temptation...
4 years

How are story views calculated?

There are several problems.

1. The view count seems to influence how high the likelihood is for more people to stumble upon the story (it will get a higher search ranking). So people might be incentivized to fake high views by placing a paperweight on the F5 button.

2. Multi-page stories are heavily favored by the algorithms. Besides this, it also increases viewer count, as each chapter adds another view to the statistics. Therefore breaking up a story into very short segments to have as many pages as possible, drastically increases visibility.

I can feel their effects in my own stories. My recent story has a relatively high amount of likes relative to the number of views (I tried to write in a more literary style, it seems people appreciate it - given they stumble upon it at all), while a few other stories posted in roughly the same time period have no grammar, no plot, but have a number of short chapters - and therefore have orders of magnitude more viewers - and have barely any likes. Still, they get much more visibility.

I guess it's also my fault for liking to write short, self-consistent stories, each with their own characters and themes, instead of a long one.
Sadly, these types of stores I like to write are HEAVILY discouraged by the algorithms.
4 years

Advice on subtlety

Take a look at the webcomic "Between Failures".

The author is a FA and does have some FA-related images in his deviantart account, there are several plump and a couple of obese people in the comic itself, sometimes their weights are commented upon, sometimes even in a positive manner, but still, the major plotlines don't center around their weights, and the whole webcomic itself has a large mainstream non-FA followership.
4 years

Consent and permission: where to draw the line?

The topic of secretly fattening someone, and the controversy around it, often appears on this forum. However, how do we even define it? There are many blurry cases between the two extremes of secret sabotage and signing a waiver before every meal.

Where do you draw the line between acceptable and not acceptable?

I'm listing them in order of increasing cooperation.

1. spiking their food with appetite enhancers and adding extra calories in secret, humiliating them to manipulate them to comfort-eat more.

2. encouraging without disclosure. Not adding any secret ingredients into their foods, just always having their favorite snacks lying around, inviting them to those restaurants where you know they can't resist eating a lot, persuading them to eat more, reassuring them that they can eat yet one portion more without worries.

3. enabling without disclosure. Similar to #2. just without the persuasion. If they don't want to eat more, then you don't persuade them. You still invite them to fattening places and offer a lot of food, but you don't keep persuading them if they don't want to eat more. You keep the snacks well stocked, but don't actively encourage them to eat them.

4. Limited disclosure. Similar behavior as above, but admitting that you like them as they are, being fat isn't that big of a problem, you accept them no matter what they weigh, you even enjoy them having some pudge, it looks really good on them.

5. Admitting you would like them to gain more weight.

6. Same as 5, but telling it's not just a preference but a strong sexual fetish.

7. Asking for consent before every single meal you offer.

Are there any in-between steps I missed? Where would you draw the line? I think 1 is flat out, 2 and 3 are a grey area and might be OK if they don't feel too miserable about their weight, 4 should be OK with maybe very rare exceptions depending on their personality, and 7 is over the top.
4 years

Parents reaction

ashlee:
Now I usually get a serious of questions… Should you be eating that? Shouldn't you be watching your diet a little more? What do you weight now? Do your clothes still fit? That kind of thing.

I always wondered how people felt when hearing such questions. Especially if they are turned on by their own weight gain. Do they also get turned on by such questions, or is gaining more private and these questions uncomfortable?
4 years
56789   loading