Feeling lazy from the weight

I have experienced that in my own gaining journey. I agree with what others have said keeping up some activity does help with the slothness. I feel it helps to be mindful of your will power. Once up and moving you feel better at least for the time being to complete your chores and to do list. I have also found helpful how I schedule my day. As example if you have a big commute or day that you have a lot of errands to run. I hold off on the big binges or eating the foods (i.e. pot of pasta) that will park you till I am home and satisfied with my to do list that I won't feel guilty if I don't get off the couch again. Good luck and enjoy your journeysmiley
9 years

Fit to fat

I do know what it is like to go from fit to fat. I was a cut, athletic 150 pounds who was active with sports and running. I'm now at a gluttonous 285. I know the first 50 pounds was not too life changing but did get a lot of comments. People now just think of me as always being fat. As far as life changes. I am a lot slower and eat 3x much more than before. At 150 I could sprint to the bus or up several flights of stairs if I was running late. Now as I approach 300 I'm reaching that level where being fat affects my everyday life. I need to allocate extra time to get somewhere or wait for the elevator. It's not as easy to just squish myself in a corner of a crowded room and booths are quickly becoming a thing of the past. I have also found myself associated with a more sedentary crowd than the active weekend warriors I use hang with. Overall, I would not change a thingsmiley
9 years

Freedom

There is nothing like the feeling of total liberation to pursue your dreams. This year I have thrown all caution to wind. Once I let go of reservations of waiting for the "perfect" time to go full throttle I had real success. I have had gains like never before. I have put on 20 pounds since January and counting. Food taste better than it ever has. I am a lot happier. I'm excited to see how I round out the year.
9 years

Gainers:does nagging diminish?

1) Started gaining at 150

2) When I reached 180 to about 230 was when the nagging reached its peak. Everyone from family, friends, coworkers, classmates to the mail man had to weigh in (no pun intendedsmileyon my weight and eating habits.

3)After 230 to about 250 the comments diminished. This was for two reasons. Family and friends started to accept their nagging had no impact on me losing weight. The second was I moved out of the area and new people that I met just assumed I was always a fat guy.

4) The nagging has never completely ceased but it is now mostly only few close family members and friends. I have noticed a recent increase in comments since my weight has started to climb again.

5) 282
9 years

Table or booth

I prefer booths for the same reasons many have said. I like the privacy. I like being able to lay out my coat and belongings on the bench. Booths have been getting a lot tighter for me so I am enjoying them before they become a thing of the past.
9 years

Stealth eating...

It is common for me to get up extra early have a full breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon. When I get to work act like have not eaten and join the group for bagels or doughnuts.
10 years

Gaining beyond your goal..

My original goal was 250. Which to me seemed huge when I started at 150. I found that for me it felt no different than 230. I am now 271 with my sight set for 300. I have a feeling that 300 might not feel much different than 250 and so the goal may be raised again..and again.
10 years

Weight gain reminders

1) when having to take the stairs people behind me ask to go first because they are "in a rush."

2)Feeling my big belly sway when I walk and sensing people are staring.

3)adding that third X in my XXXL shirt making it very difficult to find shirts in regular stores.
10 years

Weight gain reminders

Dress shirts! No matter how big I buy them its impossible for them to stay tucked in. I'm going to have to add another X on my XXL t-shirts as they expose the bottom of my belly with any little moment.
10 years

Poll: what age/size were you when you decided to gain?

I was 22 when I began actively gaining on purpose on a New Years Day. Like many of you I was always fascinated by big and gaining women. The desire for myself to gain got stronger and stronger as I got older. I began at the start weight of 147 pounds. I'm a little over 260 now.
10 years
56789   loading