Story not displaying correct number of chapters

One of the stories I upload to here currently displays as having 97 chapters from the widget displaying it’s stats. But when actually in the story it shows the correct number of chapters 98. I’d imagine it’ll be fixed by just uploading a new chapter but I felt it warranted mentioning in case others are having similar issues.
5 years

Punctuation being replaced with “?euro?”

The best solution I’ve found is to post the story and manually fix the puncutation through editing. Though that’s still definetly triage to an issue that needs to be fixed.
5 years

Upon further testing, it only happens if you copy and past your story in from an internal text editior.
5 years

I’ve tried doing it a few ways from entering the puncatuion in manually via the sight and copy and pasting it from other text editiors. But for whatever reason everytime I try and upload it comes out with the quotation marks and ‘ “” replaced with that weird alphabet soup.
5 years

Unusual occurrence

A story I write on here, quite suddenly lost 10% of it's likes and like 50% of it's comment section. Does anyone know why this would be?
5 years

Using numbers in weight gain stories

curiousv:
What absolutely ruins a story is when the measurements are listed in the first few sentences. This has always been, in my experience, the indicator of an awfully written story. Please provide counterexamples if you know some.

Whether to include numbers at all? It depends. It's the same as with any literary trope: include them if, and only if, they serve a role in supporting the story. If they add something to it in a meaningful way.

In my story "More than an ideal" I deliberately used numbers quite often, because it was important to the story. The story is set over a relatively long period of time, the numbers are important to the characters, and some plot points are depending on them.

In my other stories I usually avoid numbers completely.

I would suggest using numbers if they serve an important role, but never use them as the primary description of a character. Especially don't put their first appearance sooner in the story than visual descriptions.

Also, don't use numbers alone without visual descriptions. I've never ever seen a good (or even mediocre) story which relied solely on numbers and never or very rarely used visual descriptions.

I agree completely. Though I've personally fallen victim to the numbers game early on. I'll occasionally toss them on because I know that there's a sub set of the community which likes them. But I'd never use them as the only reference given heights and body types cause them to be almost meaningless.
5 years

Assessing number of views

Adsein:
So I've been uploading a story on here for about a year now and by this point it's got a ton of chapters. Because the fact that the site tracks views on a per chapter basis I've actually got no idea how many people are actually reading it.

I was wondering if anyone had any method of figuring that out. Or if I was being an idiot and it's tracked individually somewhere else?

FirmGrasper:
I still feel your story deserves a lot more likes, as well as more views.

Thank you, It does pretty well for being somewhat niche as this community goes. I'm more just curious because people seem to demonstrate more lurker tendencies on this site when it comes to stories.
5 years

Assessing number of views

So I've been uploading a story on here for about a year now and by this point it's got a ton of chapters. Because the fact that the site tracks views on a per chapter basis I've actually got no idea how many people are actually reading it.

I was wondering if anyone had any method of figuring that out. Or if I was being an idiot and it's tracked individually somewhere else?
5 years
12   loading