Girl scout cookies

Oh my God I love the Thin Mints. Alas I don't really have access right now; no such coworkers.

Fun fact... the vast majority of the sales do NOT come from the actual girl scouts asking folks to buy. Instead, something like 95%+ of the sales come from their parents asking coworkers to order and buy.

Might be a good thing though.. because otherwise I'd probably get so many boxes, because I will end up demolishing the entire box in one sitting.
3 months

This site has been around a long time.

2seatsalways:
Ooh I like this voting idea!! Totally every profile is real here šŸ˜‰

Until cliques form and then those users will vote "fake" en-masse on a particular target that's on the shitlist of the clique as a form of "griefing."

That's why such a voting system can't be put in place. You can still "vote" fake by reporting a profile. While that's not a guarantee of removal, the odds are very good if the profile is a scammer.

I do miss the maps, but I would guess whatever API was used broke, and an appropriate replacement was never identified.
3 months

This site has been around a long time.

The 20th anniversary of FF was just the other day, recently. User IDs are 6 digits now, over 500,000 in fact.

However, as user accounts get deleted the numbers aren't recycled, so that doesn't mean there's half a million members. Would be cool if there were, though.

Only place I know of that's been around for even longer, and is still technically around is Dimensions.

I have no idea how many gigabytes or more likely, terabytes of pictures, videos, posts, stories, and other content there is now, but it's likely considerable.
3 months

I found the most delicious gainer shake, but now iā€™m afraid to order it.

This is off topic but...

If I knew a cute feeder was working at one just behind the counter, I might occasionally order something like that on purpose. But instead, maybe the hot chocolate.

I'd also make a point of sitting inside, and rub my gut on purpose while gulping down the entire thing, making sure the feeder is able to see it, just to tease.
3 months

9 month cruise gain

This does seem like an amazing fantasy, but a fantasy nonetheless. Amazing that it's even potentially a thing.

I never would have thought any cruise company could offer it. There's a reason most cruise ship vacation packages are 1-2 weeks, though there's a few that are 3 weeks.

Because okay, back to the real world. Forget that it starts off at $60K (which is for an interior stateroom that would get old fast), so it would be more like $70K+. That's actually the smallest hurdle that's the easiest to get over. It's the same reason why some individuals can buy late model luxury cars, or big mansions.

People have to go to work. Even if you're lucky enough to have 5 weeks of paid vacation time, 5 weeks is not even 2 months, much less 9.

Retirees also have time obligations as well. Do you really want to spend all the various holidays alone? And children have to go to school.

Okay, suppose you're single, you're estranged from your family so you never see them over holidays, and you have a job that's 100% remote/telecommute. Too bad Internet access at sea is generally insufficient and not good enough for that. Even if it was, there may be legal and practical barriers. Legal because you may only be able to live and work from certain areas, or may only be able to work from an alternative area for a couple months at most. Practical because time zone differences are a thing. Political because even if you can overcome the legal and the practical, imagine the intense anger and jealously of your coworkers.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble. But the average person could never hope to do this, or vast majority of the bottom 99.9%. Probably not even most of the top 0.1% as most are insanely busy, running their enterprises.

Maybe if you're a young person just out of high school who comes from a fantastically rich family and you take a "gap" year before college, a distinctly European concept. That's the only other demographic I can think of that could possibly take advantage of this.
3 months

Story behind your username?

Mine is self-explanatory. No fancy, special story behind it.

Although, I can just as easily say "Fat" in place of "Chubby."
3 months

What do you collect?

Shot glasses. How many do I actually need? Maybe 2-3 of them. How many do I have? Probably about a couple dozen or more.

They're cheap-ish (a few dollars), too. If I go to a place where I have an even somewhat positive or enjoyable experience, I'd like to get one. Just as long as it somehow represents the location somehow.

For example, here in Texas, finding one with the state flag is easy. But you aren't going to find one that has the St. Louis arch on it for sale, anywhere nearby.

It's a memento/souvenir collection, but most importantly, it doesn't take up or waste a lot of space.
4 months

New year's resolutions

So, it's that time again. I know a lot of folks don't bother with these. I think they can be fun, but you shouldn't beat yourself up over it if you miss some.

I think it's a great time to think about what you might like to try to achieve in the upcoming year, and maybe set goals that seem reasonable, not extremely ambitious and unlikely.

So, what New Year's resolutions do you have?
4 months

Hypnose/ hypnotize

Just gonna say... so-called hypnosis videos or audio don't work, unless you really do want it.

So if it's about a topic you're meh about, not effective. But if it's something you really do want, but maybe just need an extra push to get you there, the words are soothing and will probably help you go for it.
5 months
23456   loading