Your fantasy, my pen: let's craft your dream story!

Letters And Numbers:
...What might be more interesting, and what Amazon requires for self-publishing, is a check box disclosing that the story was generated using AI. Amazon carved out things like grammar checkers and things like that which don’t need to be disclosed, so you could get in the weeds pretty quickly, and I understand why it might be a headache, but it would be another way of filtering stories. There might be readers who are curious about AI assisted writing and would want to check some out. There are probably more who would prefer to filter it out or at least know what they’re reading.

Just a thought. Adding a checkbox would be the easy part, coming up with the rules around it would be harder. A number of people on here already self-disclose with AI visual art in one way or another, so I think there are people who would participate, even if it was voluntary.

Yeah, it would have to be voluntary, since there's no way of really telling whether a story has been written using AI, or to what extent.

Regarding the rules, there's no real way of policing it, so we'd be relying on the honesty of the author. Also, how much AI warrents a disclosure, any AI use at all?
3 months

Battybattybattybat:
Yes, yes you do because AI scrapes this site and many others. It scrapes published books. It scrapes poetry, and articles, and essays all originally written by a human being. That's one of the major reasons why writers and artists don't like it.

Despite what I said in my previous posts, I understand your concerns here, given that AI will develop over time. So this raises another question:

Should we make the stories section viewable by members only to prevent AI scraping?

Currently, the first page of each story is viewable to guests because it brings many new people to the website. To view subsequent chapters of the story the guest then needs to create an account and login.

The issues I can see here are:

* Closing the stories section would deminish our Google listings and reduce the number of new members coming here. This would reduce the income for story earners.

* Would it really make and difference? There will still be plenty of feederism stories our there anyway that AI can scrape.

* Can we really keep AI from creating an account and scraping the stories section anyway (premium stories would be safe because they are behind a pay wall)?
4 months

"hidden" stories

Thanks for pointing this out. The 'See Also' section on the story page was showing some unpublished stories. This has now been fixed.
4 months

Hiccupx:
Yes, we do allow authors of premium stories to use AI, since it's just another tool in the box, like spelling or grammar checkers.

LoraDayton:
Grammar and spellcheck already existed long before mass-market access to AI.

AI isn't a grammar tool. It can only function by scraping existing writing created by other humans. Even if you clean it up after, it is still theft. It's not reinterpretation or meta or research. AI is theft of work. AI cannot exist without a reserve of existing material. That's literally how it works.

You're absolutely right that there is no shortcut to sincere creativity, but it's mutually exclusive to AI generated writing.

All stories, including stories created purely by the authors themselves are built upon what has gone before, and what they've previously read. Authors know that a story needs a beginning, middle and end, good character development and an interesting plot. They know what works and what doesn't, not because they invented everything themselves, but because they've seen what works in stories created by other authors.

My point here is that AI alone won't create a good story, it takes considerable time and effort to take something that AI has written, and turn it into something engaging and entertaining.

There was also a question as to whether we should allow AI to be used for premium stories - well I suppose ultimately it will be our members that make that decision. If the AI assisted stories are not good and don't sell, then the earners will stop using it. It will succeed or fail organically.
4 months

Chapters missing

Thanks for pointing out this error. This should now be fixed.
4 months

Profile direct link

This is already available, but you'll need to make your profile publically visible first.

Once you've done this you'll be able to link directly to your profile, and people will be able to view your profile without being a member.

We decided to make this an 'opt-in' feature, since many members prefer to keep their profile more private.

To change your settings, go to My account and edit the setting for 'Make profile publicly visible'.
4 months

Yes, we do allow authors of premium stories to use AI, since it's just another tool in the box, like spelling or grammar checkers.

Most people that have used it will realise that AI doesn't have the ability to just write interesting, character driven stories for you. Most of what it produces is just bland, ultra-safe, and boring. Without creative and descriptive prompts, it will just go around in circles repeating the same old drivel, just writing it in a slightly different way. Getting anything good out of AI takes hard work and talent. However it does have it's uses, and can help with descriptive phrases and ideas if you know how to get the best out of it.

Ultimately what counts and what we want, are good quality, interesting feederism and weight-gain stories, which requires talent and creativity. There's no short cut to this.
4 months

Form post save error

Thanks for pointing this out. This should now be fixed.
4 months

A humble proposal

This is a great tip on another way to use the website which I'm sure some people will prefer.

Much of it is down to personal preference, some people prefer to have the nagivation menu visible for easy access, while others perfer a mobile style drop down.

We've recently been surveying members about the interface and it seems that the majority of users (65%) find it easy to use (see below).

I agree on desktop there is some wasted blank space around the pages, however we have plans for this - a right hand 'chat related' side bar (some of you long timers may remember the popular shoutbox we used to have on the right hand side).
4 months

Bbw events uk

Ten years ago there was quite a good scene in the UK and we even organised a number of our own plus-sized parties, however these days, other than Club-Indulge, the scene is completely dead. More than that, when we have tried to organise events there seems to be very little interest.

Decipher:
I send Club-Indulge an, I think, normal question and got an automatic answer, that rudely made me feel not welcome at their event.

My experience of Club-Indulge has been equally off-putting. From their website: club-indulge.com/faq:

I set up Indulge in protest of the creepy cattle markets that are unfortunately marketed towards plus size people. My aim with Indulge is to give people a better quality of choice and enjoy an atmosphere where confidence is built through community, rather than creepy 'admirers'.

and...

We welcome all shapes and sizes. However, guys - don't be a creep...if you just want to come and be a creep because you think fat girls are easy, you are not welcome at Indulge.

I tried twice to email them about a local event but got nothing other than an automated response. On the positive side, when the event was cancelled due to lack of interest, they did give me a full and prompt refund.

Is everyone so engrossed online these days that they've got no time for real life events? Is this the same in other countries, or is it just the UK? I'd be interested to hear your experiences.
6 months
12345   loading