Ff was down for a bit

Please accept my apologies for the down time, we had bit problems with the database which had to be re-created. Hopefully no data was lost.

The site should be working again now, all except for the video uploads which we're still working on.

We'll keep and eye on the database over the coming days to check that it's now OK.

It's good to be back!
7 months

What’s the story algorithm for showing up on the main page?

OK! OK! Well spotted, there's a bug, lol. The recommended story maintenance script isn't working. Don't worry, I'm on it and thanks for pointing this out. There's no flies on you, haha!

P.S. ...lovable Frankenstein of a website?
8 months

There is a weighting for premium stories also which should compensate for lack of likes.

We find that on this site, as with in the wider world, the authors that become the top sellers as those that build up a following. This can take time and effort, but the benefits are worth it, and we have authors that regularly earn several hundred dollars a month.

The key is for people to get to know your work, and the most effective way for this is to upload some short stories for free. If members enjoy your free stories, then it's much less of a risk for them to purchase a premium story, and in our experience once their hooked on an author's work, they'll look out for the notifications whenever you upload something new.

Of course we're always happy to discuss with authors about improvements to the website and how to better promote work. C00kie is currently collecting feedback and ideas on this for future developments.
8 months

Generally the stories are sorted by 'recommended'. Each story is given a score and higher scores are shown first. Scores are based upon things like, whether the story has a thumbnail and description, number of chapters, number of likes, date created etc.
8 months

Picture link

Oops sorry about that. Thanks for pointing it out, this should now be fixed.
10 months

Updated stories?

Please accept my apologies. This should now be fixed, any further problems please let me know.
10 months

Comments on pictures vs activity

Well spotted, it's actually just a legacy feature that the comments appear in different places. It's not idea, and something we intend to change in a future update.
11 months
23456   loading