How about fat chins?

The "shock" of seeing your face, something you see every single day of your life, change was something that took a bit of time to get used to for me as well.

I had to spend some time convincing myself that I looked different and not be negative about the changes that were taking place as I was gaining weight.

But I'm a bit more comfortable with how I look now - my cheeks are a bit chubbier and my double chin now has a third. I sometimes wish I could have experienced a day where the younger me dreamed about seeing myself now (and the shock and excitement of the instant change).
6 years

Movement changes?

I'm very bottom and belly heavy - when my thigh started to rub together (I'm guessing that was when I was about 200 lbs or so), I started to develop a waddle that became more and more pronounced as I got heavier.

Bending over is a bit tough, and I was a bit sad when I could no longer come close to touching my toes when my belly got big enough to cover a good amount of my lap.

I notice I kind of wade a bit, as when I'm walking (waddling), I have to swing back and forth with all my fat moving around.
6 years

Being teased

sweetfattie:
I like to be teased in a fun way, but not so much an overtly mean way. If there's an undertone of "wow, I love how huge you are!" then it's fun. I think all of us fat people have encountered malicious teasing though.

I agree with this. "Gentle" teasing.
6 years

Being teased

Another fatty that likes to be teased over here.
6 years

How to deal with fat teasing?

I find that the more you give attention to the teasing, the more it will go on. It won't be easy, as it takes growing a bit of a tougher skin.

Once people figure out that you're not reacting to the teasing, they'll stop.
6 years

What was the moment that made you think, "damn, i'm fat?"

The first time my hips and ass had to squeeze into a chair with arms.
And again when I felt the booth table at a McDonald's press up against my stomach.
6 years

What is the worst thing about being obese?

For me:

Fatigue - I get tired doing a lot less. It took a bit of time to adjust and accept that this was part of the lifestyle, as I was able to do much more in a day than I am now. However, online service has improved a lot over the last decade or so, so it's not quite as bad.

Expenses - I'm lucky to be able to pursue a gainer lifestyle, but I still need to be pretty meticulous about my spending - larger clothing, grocery bills and some of the other, unforseen complications (like getting a bed that is not only comfortable, but can support my weight, also I needed to upgrade my car because of my weight and get tires that won't wear prematurely because of my big ol' butt).

Joint pain - there are times where my ankles and knee joints experience a fair bit of pain, usually when I walk (well, actually waddle) further than I should. This is the worst thing that I wish I didn't have to deal with, but if I'm careful, I don't experience it too often.
6 years

Anyone like being a belly exhibitionist?

Yes, but only in warm weather. Can't do it much in the cold winters.
6 years

Gaining weight might make you look younger?

Nope - my genetics just make me look fatter. Not younger.
6 years
56789   loading