Confronting so about my own gain

My SO is very polite, so I'm sure this would never come up IRL.

Generally speaking, she'll very kindly disagree with me if I mention that I've gained weight or am getting fat. I have stashed away in a closet a suit from when we started dating, so I'm just waiting (and hoping) for an opportunity to pull it out and squeeze into in front of her so she has to acknowledge my beer gut and love handles.
1 year

How big is your belly ?

What cracks me up is that while this is clearly a completely unscientific quiz, as I've taken it over the years it's proved to actually be fairly accurate. I started out at somewhere in the 30% range and as I've gained I've crept up into the 40's etc...
1 year

Crossing the threshold of being officially overweight

I distinctly remember when I "crossed over" (I think I posted about it here actually) at 187lbs. As someone who had always been skinny/fit it was rather shocking. The first 10-15 pounds I had gained only took me from being "really skinny" to "normal" so I was used to having it in my head that being overweight would NEVER happen to me. Of course it did, and I've put on another 10lbs since then. Now whenever I think about losing weight my goal is to get back to 187, which is kind of funny considering at the time it felt unspeakably fat.
1 year

Wardrobe purge

I do occasionally, more just out of being pragmatic about closet space than anything else. In the past it was always purging clothes from 5-10 years ago, but lately it's accelerated to clothes being out grown from 2 years ago. I'm also someone who likes to keep a couple old items around just to try on for comparison sake.
1 year

Standing or sitting

I was gonna say, when you're standing is when you know your gain is getting serious. When my belly only hung over my pants when I was sitting I could kind of justify it as "well EVERYONE has a little chub when they sit". Now that that's hanging on my belt buckle when standing its clear that I've moved into chubby territory
2 years

Showing someone how big your belly really is

Whenever I talk to my wife about having gained weight she accuses me of pushing my belly out to be dramatic. Really it's just that I stop sucking it in and "all of a sudden" she can see my gut for real
2 years

Fat at the doctors

I haven't gotten the talk yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's coming soon. Last time I was at the doc I was about 190 and was told that my weight "...wasn't bad..." with some noticeable hesitation. Up around 200 now (sometimes a little over) so I'm sure next time I'm in there will be a comment.
2 years

Bmi. what's yours?

27.4 here. Looking back thru this thread I see I answered it a while ago with a BMI 25.4. Funny to think at the time it was so weird to be "technically" overweight for the first time in my life. Now I'm just as close to being obese as I am to being "healthy"
2 years

Revisiting old posts

Curious if anyone else does this. Every once in a while I spend some time digging back through my old post history on this site. It's fascinating to reminisce on all the "firsts" and "man I'm fat" moments in the past that have turned into every day life now.

I just re-read my first post ever talking about how my belly was starting to pooch out when I wore my old size 32 jeans. I doubt I could even button those jeans now, and if I could the result would not be a "little pooch".
2 years

Revisiting old posts

Curious if anyone else does this. Every once in a while I spend some time digging back through my old post history on this site. It's fascinating to reminisce on all the "firsts" and "man I'm fat" moments in the past that have turned into every day life now.

I just re-read my first post ever talking about how my belly was starting to pooch out when I wore my old size 32 jeans. I doubt I could even button those jeans now, and if I could the result would not be a "little pooch".
2 years
12345   loading