Holiday music: love it/hate it

I sing one Carol in August and then let the rest of the world catch up. A real trendsetter me.

On a more serious note, I've just been out christmas shopping and I've never been more glad to walk around with a pair of headphones to create my own little bubble of serenity.

I find the jingle jangle of every shop at this time of year oppressive and somewhat sinister, it's as if someone has decided to enforece the cheer for their own needs. You will fit in, you will shop and this music will encourage you to do so.

/paranoid rant over.

I bought a card with a dog relieving itself on a snowman, seemed appropriate.
12 years

What's your ringtone?

When someone rings, my phone pulses with the Aperture Science Portal gun (blue) SFX.
12 years

I feel at rest and like a new person.

May you all find happyness.

Milly, congratulations if you've found someone that compliments your character and makes you both stronger as individuals then you've achieved something pretty damn amazing.

Fight for it.
12 years

Songs that pump u the f up!

I believe this fits.

&ob=av2e
12 years

Dimebag darell and john lennon

Without wanting to minimise Mr Lennon.

I hope Dimebag is shredding away on a harp somewhere.
12 years

This thread is about football.

Football, school kids in the park, jumpers for goal posts, marvellous stuff.

Liverpool fan here but I do follow my local lower league London team too, even if life in League One lacks the glamour of the Prem, here's hoping that next year will see the Bee's in the most competitive league of all in England (Championship).
12 years

1,800 calorie pizza....

I went and got one and I intend to munch it later on today while infront of the xbox. Sunday = sorted.
12 years

Games you're currently hooked.

Finally getting the chance to play Red Dead Redemption, there seems to be a fair amount of "odd" in the missions and stranger quests.

As a side note, I really liked how there has been a clear progression in gameplay mechanics required for Rockstars openworld games. It's still not perfection but it's obvious that they have learnt from a great deal of mistakes that were made in GTA 4.

The vistas are stunning although low on polygons, playing this game has got me excited for the rural areas of GTA 5.
12 years

Alignment quiz!- good/evil/etc

Chaotic evil, surprised.
12 years

Childfree?

Oh man, this subject has me torn awfully. I've given it some thought in the past and it will surpise no one that knows me when I say I can't decide one way or the other.

I've worked with Kids for a long time, looking after the under 6's at a Youth Charity and they are a fantastic joy most days, they keep you thinking, they put a smile on your face, you can't be dead to the world when you have an inquisitive little monster around.

But those are other peoples children and yes, I can leave them when I go home, knowing I have a whole week before having to deal with them again. Since I was 16 I've had a long line of parents complimenting me on my ability to communicate and inspire kids, which is a nice feeling. Yet the sense of dread that is conjured up when hearing something along the lines of "So when are you going to be a father?" is unmatched.

Simply considered, the world is becoming increasingly over populated, resources are going to be stretched as we head forward and there are PLENTY of unwanted children as it is, not saying that my actions would, but I don't want to add to the already sizeable problem.

Having said that, the right girl, the right time and the right words could persuade me otherwise. What a cop out.
For the time being at least, I better convince my sister to start working on those grandchildren for the increasingly broody Mother.

Ugh, tonnes more to say but CBA right now.
12 years
56789   loading