Gaining

The point of no return?

It would be harder to lose the weight once you're over 200-lbs. I have gained 75-lbs. from the once previous 130-lbs. People say I've gotten prettier since I gained a lot of weight. I can't go back to my normal size. Therefore, I threw out the diets and embraced all of 208-lbs. I love being fat and I am not going to change being fat.
14 years

The point of no return?

well i'm heading towards 200 lbs after a period of trying to loose and not getting anywhere. I don't think i'll try to get back under too hard. I'm at the point of needing bigger clothes too.
14 years

The point of no return?

It is funny that even the strongest Size Acceptance advocates say "I can lose weight if I wanted to." But in reality, if you diet, you slow your metabolism and gain. If you don't diet, you gain or at least stay the same. Very few people actually lose weight and keep it off. Most people regain the weight between the second and third year of dieting.
14 years

The point of no return?

Repeated studies show that approx 95% of people who lose weight regain it by five years afterward.

Any other practice with such a complete long-term failure rate would not be recommended by sane people for anyone for any reason.
14 years

The point of no return?

I didn't say it did. But if one has to die to have the statistics of long-term weight loss work in one's favour, it seems a grim approach.

Besides, something, I have as a matter of policy given up responding to you. [This is an exception, since you asked me directly, and I won't even do that any longer.] It's very very clear that we read the same words and understand different things from them, and there's no point re-rehearsing the same arguments over and over.
14 years

The point of no return?

I never said a person can lose weight and keep it off.
14 years

The point of no return?

I never said a person can lose weight and keep it off.
14 years