General

Fears

SPIDERS!!!

*bashes them with the rock which is home*

lol

<3 Patrick Star

But seriously, I can relate to the doll one, but its more then dolls for me, its anything which is made to look human, puppets, manequins, robots, dolls, etc.

Something about a representation which is meant to be human like creeps the hell out of me, and the closer they strive to make them human like, the worse it gets...
14 years

Fears

Maximum wrote
Something about a representation which is meant to be human like creeps the hell out of me, and the closer they strive to make them human like, the worse it gets...

That would be the 'Uncanny Valley' effect.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

The theory holds that when robots and other facsimiles of humans look and act almost like actual humans, it causes a response of revulsion among human observers.

14 years

Fears

I'm fairly claustrophobic, which is why I'm afraid of crowds. It's worse because I'm only 5'2", which means in a tight crowd I have no line of vision and I'm in people's chests and armpits. Ugh.

I'm somewhat afraid of heights, but it's weird. I can be plenty high up, as long as I have a visual barrier that feels high enough. So I was up in a tower recently, with floor to ceiling glass windows, and I stayed glued to the back wall. Not one of my better moments, lol.

And I have an irrational fear of bees and wasps. I've never been stung, so I have no idea why I'm so afraid, but yeah, I'm *crazy* afraid. Weird.
14 years

Fears

Stella wrote
Spiders big time although it has gotten better over the years but not much. I was deighted when I realised I could point out a spider to my previous dog and he would eat it for me smiley the only trouble started when it was a really big house spider and I was screaming so much he ran over to see what the problem was and spit the half mangled spider out at my feet... I nearly passed out lol:o

lmfao, poor innocent dogs, if only they understood us better... xD

The only bad thing about living in Australia is that it has the largest percentage of poisonous creatures, spiders, snakes, jellyfish, etc, luckily our spiders aren't overly big, but they are common, very, very common... smiley
14 years

Fears

Death. Thats it. That is what im purely afraid of. I know its inevitable but i still fear it with my whole being. it started when i was 13 and i had to go 9 funerals in a row in one week.I started getting panic attacks then. Then it got worse when i was 14 and became a type 1 diabetic. I didnt find out untill 2 yrs ago that while i was being rushed to the hospital in an ambulence blacking in and out that my organs were failing and almost fell into a coma. I dont know why the panic attacks still come though. ill be playing video games or just watching tv and death just comes into my mind outta no where and its just a horrible feeling
14 years

Fears

What's the technical term for "fear of talking to women?"
14 years

Fears

Spiders. I hate them.
14 years

Fears

Robbie wrote
Death. Thats it. That is what im purely afraid of. I know its inevitable but i still fear it with my whole being. it started when i was 13 and i had to go 9 funerals in a row in one week.I started getting panic attacks then. Then it got worse when i was 14 and became a type 1 diabetic. I didnt find out untill 2 yrs ago that while i was being rushed to the hospital in an ambulence blacking in and out that my organs were failing and almost fell into a coma. I dont know why the panic attacks still come though. ill be playing video games or just watching tv and death just comes into my mind outta no where and its just a horrible feeling

I know the feeling, its like an inner cold that chills you to the bone and paralyzes you with fear until you are able to shake it off and even that sometimes doesn't work... I get it most nights before I go to bed.

lol, I've had this fear since birth, I remember my mum staying up with me as a toddler in the middle of the night trying to comfort me as I was in fits of fear over the thought of death. It never really goes and it never really will, It has shaped my entire life, I try to use it to help me, (motivation to do stuff and "carpe diem"smiley but that doesn't always work...

You're not alone mate. smiley
14 years

Fears

Bugs of any kind, I started having a wierd spasm one when a giant bug snuck up on me.

Large expanses of water, open ocean would be one example, but even foot deep water if it covers enough area. Anyone ever play Zelda OoC on the n64? That room where you fight shadow link creeps the shit out of me.

Heights, but this eventually got better, I can climb up on my roof now!
14 years

Fears

Lets see, my greatest fear would be heights. It's funny, my gf is the complete opposite. xD Next would be vacuum cleaners. >.> One broke by my ear when I was 2, and ever since I have been afraid of them. Everyone used to make fun of me because of this. smiley Next are spiders and insects. I'm afraid of most of them, but not all insects. And lastly, i'm afraid of giving speeches or talking in front of a crowd. You could imagine how scared and nervous I get before giving a presentation for college. >.>
14 years
12   loading