General

Welcome

Well, welcome to this new forum.

As many of you know, this came about partly through requests on other threads, some of which have been moved here. Please feel free to revive and/or continue those discussions...

I'm a strong advocate of fat liberation, and I have published a little bit in that area as an academic. It's something I feel very strongly about for a lot of reasons, but rather than bang on about it here, I'm sure you'll get to see some of my thoughts as the discussions develop here.

In addition to the threads that are already here, we could talk about:
movement tactics and strategies;
disseminating information about all sorts of things, like how to find fat friendly doctors;
'coming out of the fridge' as fat lovers or as people with interests in feeding;
terminology;
discrimination;
or any of an infinite variety of topics.

Please come join us here to think and talk and play--this is a topic we all need to care about if we want more hopeful futures!
14 years

Welcome

Hee hee. I quite like that, too. Any votes for 'larder' vs. 'fridge'? I forget who came up with that--was it ThatReesesGirl?
14 years

Welcome

I personally prefer the fridge, seems more "cutesy" and would probably go down better with the rest of society. lol
14 years

Welcome

Dunno. I do love 'fridge', but 'pantry' is pretty great, too. Though it doesn't sound as small, it's true...
14 years

Welcome

juicy wrote
Well, welcome to this new forum.

As many of you know, this came about partly through requests on other threads, some of which have been moved here. Please feel free to revive and/or continue those discussions...

I'm a strong advocate of fat liberation, and I have published a little bit in that area as an academic. It's something I feel very strongly about for a lot of reasons, but rather than bang on about it here, I'm sure you'll get to see some of my thoughts as the discussions develop here.

In addition to the threads that are already here, we could talk about:
movement tactics and strategies;
disseminating information about all sorts of things, like how to find fat friendly doctors;
'coming out of the fridge' as fat lovers or as people with interests in feeding;
terminology;
discrimination;
or any of an infinite variety of topics.

Please come join us here to think and talk and play--this is a topic we all need to care about if we want more hopeful futures!

I'm all for fat liberation!!!!!smileysmileysmiley
13 years

Welcome

Greetings to all.Allow me to introduce myself.I'm Dragorat & I'm the new moderator.I've always been a supporter of Fat folks being 1 myself.I hope we can wake this forum up & show our support for the cause of showing those around us that just because we're fat doesn't mean we're 2nd class citizens.We deserve the same rights as those who are smaller than we are.They aren't any better than we are but we aren't any better than they are.We need to find a way to all get together as 1 big family!
12 years

Welcome

Welcome to the family & the insanity....lol
12 years