Gaining

All eagledancer data will be deleted...

You could always just change your name, would change it for all previous posts too, no need for a new account.

I kinda figured it was common knowledge not to use details on the net which you use in other aspects of your life, lol, I have always made sure that there is no way through any of the information I post to be able to trace back to my real identity.

As for other sites being more secure, well, as everyone should know by now, this site is run by one man in his spare time, you can't expect him to be able to cover everything so easily.

Whatever you decide to do, i'll make sure to keep an eye out for "Professor Fatology". As i'm sure many other members would agree, you are the kind of committed and insightful poster we don't want to lose around here. smiley
13 years

Wait, you mean that a website that can be viewed almost in its entirety without logging in has information available to the public?

WHY WAS I NOT TOLD THAT PUBLIC THINGS ARE NOT PRIVATE
13 years

The basic rule of thumb, which has been well known since very early internet days, is:

Don't send or post anything that you wouldn't be happy seeing on a billboard on a major highway

I keep my screen name here and my real name quite separate. There are some people who can put them together, but very few. And no email or post or anything makes that possible.
13 years

Professor Fatology wrote
A) I posted this (and I find it instructive the post I left in the general forum has been removed by a mod) as an alert to other members of Fantasyfeeders. This is not a case of “Oh, well, that’s just the internet for you…” Similar sites like Bellybuilders.com and Beefyfrat.com value the privacy of their members in a way Fantasyfeeders obviously doesn’t. If they can block internet search engines from their sites, Fantasyfeeder can as well—as it already does from its photos and profiles, but doesn’t bother to do so from its forum posts. And Maxie—I’m getting a bit tired of “Oh, this site is run by a single person, so anything that goes wrong should be excused.” This site is NOT run by whoever the person is who owns the site—it’s actually run by (what I assume) are volunteers like you and Ms.Ripples. Similar sites like Beefyfrat and Bellybuilders are in the same situation in terms of ownership, but they respect their members’ privacy and block internet searches in a way this site could, if the owner chose to do so, as he already does for photos and profile.

Well the exact same thread was double posted in two sub forums which is most likely why the other thread was trashed. It also seems like this thread was getting the responses which the general thread wasn't. Personally I would have just had the one thread in general as this really has nothing to do with weightgain, but moving this thread there is outside of my powers.

As for the "running" of the site, the mod team is more like quality control then anything else. We have no real control over the site other then the content posted by the users. All technical, financial, legal, and any other aspect you can think of in regards to running the site is in the hands of our beloved Hiccupx.

I think its wrong to understimate his contribution, investment and attatchment to this site, it is the product of years of hard work for him and i find it kind of insulting to regard a problem with the site as "they don't care".
13 years

Yep, as has been said already:

This is a public site.
If you're that ashamed of being here then maybe you shouldn't be, or at the very least you should take your own steps to protect your identity.
Plenty of us are perfectly happy for our posts to be visible to others.
13 years

Helper wrote
Agreed. Honestly, people talk about how you should only do things on the internet that you would do in real life... If your real life friend made a mistake would you respond by ridiculing them and putting them down? I seriously hope the answer is no.

I would, and I expect them to do the same for me. Provided I don't beat them to the punch and start berating myself for laughs.
13 years

All ed data will be deleted...

I have to say something, no one has ever questioned EDs contributions or value to the site. However, alot of us, (mods especially) feel a need to defend this site when it is put down.

Its not that we discourage criticism, we have a whole sub forum dedicated to such, its just that when someone tries to make out that this site is sub standard and failing in its responsibility to its members, we feel that the criticism is crossing more into a vindictive attack.

I have no problem with ED, I consider him a friend who has been one of my greatest supports in this aspect of my life, however I disagree with his current view of the site and feel a need to give my opposing view.

Everything else aside, this matter has been resolved, Hiccupx gave his reasoning for EDs perceived flaws with the site on his thread in general, ED has deleted his original account and due to the continued pressence of this thread, I believe remains a member with his new account.

P.S. I love the move to use ED to further protect his old profile name from showing up in google searches. This community is extremely kind and thoughtful. smiley
13 years