General

Big / supersize difference

Ok guys, so I've had this question burning in the back of my mind for a while now, and I don't know if it's ever been discussed on the forums here before, nor would I even know how it would be answered. We all know that SSBBW's are bigger than BBW's and the same applies for BHM's

My question is: at what point does being big cross over into being supersize? is it by weight? is it by clothing size? is it by BMI? or is it by something else, and if it is by any of what I mentioned above, would be be say (hypothetically) 350lbs (150kg), or size 26 clothing or a BMI of 45 or 50. That's just an assumption.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. I just don't know of anything that defines theses particular categories
13 years

RubyRipples wrote
Aussie_Bloke wrote
Ok guys, so I've had this question burning in the back of my mind for a while now, and I don't know if it's ever been discussed on the forums here before, nor would I even know how it would be answered. We all know that SSBBW's are bigger than BBW's and the same applies for BHM's

My question is: at what point does being big cross over into being supersize? is it by weight? is it by clothing size? is it by BMI? or is it by something else, and if it is by any of what I mentioned above, would be be say (hypothetically) 350lbs (150kg), or size 26 clothing or a BMI of 45 or 50. That's just an assumption.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. I just don't know of anything that defines theses particular categories

There have been lots of threads on this issue, there was one quite recently actually. If you search around you might find some info. As this isnt exactly a "science" there are no official numbers. It's also difficult because a woman of 6 foot tall for example, wouldnt be ssbbw at 360lbs, but a woman of 5' 4" would be. There have been "rules" that say that over 350 is ssbbw, and others that say over 400lbs. There is another that says over US size 28 (ladies) is supersize. Again though, none of these really fit due to differences in height, body frame, etc. For myself, I am 5' 3" tall, and I would say that I crossed from bbw to ssbbw around 320lbs, and US ladies clothing size 26 or so.

For ease of "classification" ( smiley ) I've always thought that the rule of thumb should be when the biggest part of your body around (be it belly, hips or whatever) measures more than your height, you are supersized! e.. I am 5'3" tall and when I sit down and measure around my fattest part (belly) I am 6' 3". This would also solve the "problem" of extreme pear shaped women who are about a size 12 from the waist up, but can be size 30 on the bottom half.

Of course I do understand about people not liking "labels", being slotted into boxes etc, but ... life is that way for many things and its just easy.

LOL by your definition I was never "super-sized", at my heaviest my waist was only 64-65" and I'm about 72" tall
13 years

LOL nice one there
13 years

Accordng to the people who make clothes, BBW is between size 14-26 abd SSBBW is 28 and above.
13 years

Thanks Ruby, it's put one of my curiousities to rest. I don't know how I would have missed it in the forums, although I did a search that didn't give me the results I was particularly looking for. I don't know why.

And thank you everyone else for your input as well.
13 years

not as skinny as me. I need to bulk up a bit. im 5'7" and 140lbs. Never measured my circumference though.
13 years