General

My gf lost 35 pounds...

Break up. I can't see a successfuly relationship lasting without physical attraction, and if either of you try to change the others mind its just going to create more pain.
15 years

My gf lost 35 pounds...

I am not going to be a cheery voice, so if you're looking for encouraging feedback, skip this.

I've been married to the same fabulous, wonderful guy for almost 25 years. We share an amazing young adult daughter, and we are totally connected to each other's work and lives. But we live apart. And one of the main reasons is that we couldn't make the sex work.

I was just very honest. I told him I love him utterly, but I need to know what sex with someone who shares my desires is like. I don't know how the story ends, and it isn't the only problem between us, though it is probably the biggest one that remains.

The long and the short of it is, maaaaaaany people think they can make sexless relationships last, but it is a recipe for disaster, in my opinion. Of course you shouldn't do anything hasty, but don't bank on it being ok for either of you over the long haul, either, unless something changes.
15 years

My gf lost 35 pounds...

chubbyhoney wrote
I am horrified at the suggestions after the original post that Wish should break up with a person he loves because she is ten pounds lighter than when they met.


lol, that wasn't the reason I said it, it was cause he said he no longer finds her attractive.

But yeah, i'm by no means one to listen to about relationship advice, just given what i've seen on this site and the men struggling with their losing partners, I figured it was best to cut to the chase and give the advice he'll probably get anyway if she keeps losing and he keeps wanting her to gain.

Still, good to see more experienced people have given better advice since then. I guess i'll hold my tongue on this stuff in future. smiley
15 years