General

The zodiac has changed.

Gemini my arse.
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

The change itself is bollocks, pure and simple. Where's the proof that it's been somehow newly introduced? smiley But if you want to count Ophiuchus, you can if you wish. Personally I find it a rather redundant sign anyway since it covers doctors, surgery, medicine and healing- which Scorpio already really covers(and which comes right before it).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiuchus_%28astrology%29

13 years

The zodiac has changed.

I like how people are acting like this is anything important.

I mean, feel free to flip out over something as bogus as astrology, but you deserve the derision you recieve for it.
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

lovely_plumper wrote
and according to it this change was in 2007?

It's not new, depending on someone's point of view, Ophiuchus has always been there, or it's never been there. It was probably removed because of vibes about the 'unlucky' number 13, or because it's rather redundantly similar to Scorpio which it's right next to.
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

To further point out the flaw in the article:

You see, the Babylonians decided on astrological signs based on what star the sun was in on your birth day. But they weren't forward thinkers and didn't take into account the earth's shift, throwing off the sun and the stars and adding in a new zodiac sign called Ophiuchus that

Babylon is not new. It existed around 1600 BC. If Ophiuchus was mentioned back then, it's definitely not some sort of 'new zodiac' now. XD
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

AverageManGuy wrote
Don't the changes only apply to those born post-2009?

There aren't any changes. It's pretty much a hoax. Ophiuchus did exist as one of the signs for a bit but it was removed about 3000 years ago for various reasons. There's nothing new about it.
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

AngryMunchkin wrote
It's about time the astrological community listened to the astronomy community.

If the astrological community actually listened to the astronomical community there would be no astrological community.
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

Murphy wrote
AngryMunchkin wrote
It's about time the astrological community listened to the astronomy community.

If the astrological community actually listened to the astronomical community there would be no astrological community.

QFT smiley
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

edit wrote
Actually, this is a very old sign, it was decided not to be used because it messed up the layout for the year. Zodeacs are when they are because of when they are in the night's sky.

Also QFT.

Seriously, people only finding and getting stressed out about this now is hilarious...
13 years

The zodiac has changed.

I was born a Capricorn and I've been reclassified a Sagitarius; if you apply the idea from Chinese astrology that signs close to transitions are influenced by the one coming, the I suppose the fact that I was born Capricorn with some disagreements was clarified sort of with this one. Not that I pretend to get it as far as their reasoning, but as they gave me an answer I don't see the deal with it regardless of my faith in the accuracy of astrology.
In consequantially, in the Chinese case I'm a Metal Ram under the influence of the Metal Horse and those are both simialar to other astrologies I've checked and accurate to.
Actually, that similarity deal might kind of play like different religions saying roughy the same thing about key points-regardless of clear follower violations; each group came up with their own astrology and now we get to see them all against each other.
13 years
12   loading