General

Be dumped or the dumper?

I'd rather be the one getting dumped any day of the week. That way, there's no agonizing over how to break it to them gently or when it's the right time. You don't have the opportunity to put off the inevitable for months while you try to ignore the problem. Literally all you have to do is come up with some bitter quip to throw back at them, and then it's done and you can get on with your life. Plus, you get the chance be angry at someone else instead of being angry with yourself. I think that's healthier somehow.
13 years

Be dumped or the dumper?

I much prefer to be dumped over being the dumper. I always feel awful dumping people...

I've only really cared about 1 girl ever dumping me (only been dumped twice though) and well, to this day I still love and miss that girl, but in some ways I'm happy for her because she is now engaged and hopefully very much in love. She and I loved each other very much, but I made things really hard, so in the end it was my fault... so I'm happy for her and no ill feelings towards being dumped. I just miss her is all.

However dumping people is just horrible to do for me... I'm weird about it because sometimes I just don't want to let go of people even though I know it's not working out.
13 years

Be dumped or the dumper?

I was just dumped... so probably the dumped.
13 years

Be dumped or the dumper?

Of all the serious relationships I had prior to my current....the first and second breakups were a mutual understanding, the third I did the dumping.

I've been rejected on potential dates but I've never been dumped before. To those that have, a lot of you didn't deserve it....but there are a select few that did, heh.

I will say that doing the dumping is a lot easier because its your decision. I mean its painful to the other person but if you're not happy, you have to do something to change.
12 years

Be dumped or the dumper?

Ive only actually gone out with 3 guys but Ive been the one to get dumped twice and the second time not that long ago so I know how hard it is to still love someone when they dont love you anymore so I would much rather dump someone than be dumped I think.
12 years