Gaining

When friends and family notice your weight gain.

almost_chubby wrote:
I had breakfast with some out of town family members today. I don't remember what I weighed the last time I saw them, but I was pretty skinny. I wanted to try to hide as much as possible, because I've always been self-conscious about gaining any weight or I guess really afraid I would gain and someone might say so.

But my loose clothes made me look HUGE and my tight clothes looked like... TIGHT. Like I outgrew them. LOL. So I settled on some relaxed fit jeans and a sweater. And boy did they notice. They all had this look of surprise when I greeted them and I could feel eyes on me when I got up to use the restroom. When I got back, I felt like they had discussed whether or not to say anything because my cousin immediately said, "Do you still belong to that gym you like? I've gotten a little lazy." And my sister piped in and said, "We've all put on a few pounds looks like." But they hadn't!! They were exactly the same! At least, they appeared to be.

So I said, "I know I'm fat. I know that's what you're thinking." And then they got all concerned and asked me what happened, if I've been depressed, if I've seen a doctor. I hated it. But part of me did find it exciting.
You are probably finding it exciting because of the rebelliousness of it all. I've seen your pics so know what you look like and don't think they should be so concerned. It's not a huge amount and as you get older it's natural to put on some extra weight. I think it's more the shock value that you used to be so skinny for just about all your adult life until now. You could explain that you actually kind of like the extra weight as it makes you feel sexier and more womanly. They may not believe you, but they may well come to accept that this is the new you.
I know at times you have mixed feelings about this weight gain of yours, but I also think that you like it and find it sexy too, like the rest of us do.
13 years

My girlfriend has noticed that ive gained a couple of pounds, she loves it, she says i was far too skinny before. The thing is she doesnt know yet that am an FA. So it was a suprise when she said she loved my new weight. And i think she may want me bigger, shes proper trying to get me to eat like every 5minutes, its unreal! But im loving it though ;P
13 years

almost_chubby wrote:
I had breakfast with some out of town family members today. I don't remember what I weighed the last time I saw them, but I was pretty skinny. I wanted to try to hide as much as possible, because I've always been self-conscious about gaining any weight or I guess really afraid I would gain and someone might say so.

But my loose clothes made me look HUGE and my tight clothes looked like... TIGHT. Like I outgrew them. LOL. So I settled on some relaxed fit jeans and a sweater. And boy did they notice. They all had this look of surprise when I greeted them and I could feel eyes on me when I got up to use the restroom. When I got back, I felt like they had discussed whether or not to say anything because my cousin immediately said, "Do you still belong to that gym you like? I've gotten a little lazy." And my sister piped in and said, "We've all put on a few pounds looks like." But they hadn't!! They were exactly the same! At least, they appeared to be.

So I said, "I know I'm fat. I know that's what you're thinking." And then they got all concerned and asked me what happened, if I've been depressed, if I've seen a doctor. I hated it. But part of me did find it exciting.

Have you seen your family again since you've added another 15 pounds to your sexy body? And how did they react this time?
13 years

my whole family is pretty big, so usually when I get comments on my recent gain they are usually good natured, and coming from people who are fat as well it's kind of comforting.
13 years
12   loading