General

Bhm: power, wealth and success

Hmm, I’ve never thought of it in a sense of material power, but I have thought of it in a sense of physical presence.

I have always been a small guy, short and thin, so part of the attraction of weight gain, especially when I was younger was about “being big”. I always kind of wanted to be a big strong imposing person, the opposite of what I have always been, and weight gain always seemed like a plausible method to achieve such a goal.

I think it stems back to instincts, even further back in history from what you’re talking, I think it’s like cave men. Wanting to be the biggest, baddest person in the cave, being able to look after and protect the family against anything and just being admired for your obvious size and superiority.

Although obviously it’s different for everyone, it is interesting to think about the reasons for our attraction. smiley
13 years

Bhm: power, wealth and success

Back when I had just finished graduate school and hadn't found my life's work, I was anxious about my weight as well as my career and kept myself very thin. Then as I began to focus in on what I wanted, my concerns about my body gave way to a focus on achievement and the pounds piled on. The result was that I ended up weighing MUCH more than I ever thought possible, but also ended up more successful than I'd imagined. Looking back, I would never go back to the 'lean days'. Fat suits me, I think.
12 years