General

Grazia magazine

Does anyone have last week's edition of Grazia? I think it was the issue for w/c 13 Sept (? not sure), either with Kate Middleton or SJP on the cover (I know that doesn't really narrow it down, haha).

Anyway, there was an article in it that REALLY annoyed me, and I'd like a copy of it so I can write a terse letter to the editor!

It's an article about the movement against anti-ugly discrimination, and it's about halfway through the mag, lower half of the left-hand page. If anyone can find it I'd be really grateful.

As you can no doubt predict, the author assumed that fat people are universally considered ugly. Further, her comment was something along the lines of "why should we protect the muffin-eating fatties?".

Her completely shameless contempt for fat people was shocking.

I know I shouldn't read these dreadful rags anyway - maybe this will help me cure myself of buying them!

I don't want to start firing off half-baked letters to the editor until I've got the actual article in front of me, so any help appreciated. I threw my copy out in disgust!
13 years

Grazia magazine

Oh good idea! Ruby also just suggested I post it on FF somewhere as they have previously had satisfying flurries of letters from members to offending publications!
13 years