General

At a con about an hour ago...

Like I said on Dims, you made them uncomfortable with that comment and it should be totally understandable that you'd get shown the door after upsetting the people whose room you were invited to.

If you think of that as drama and a reason why you ragequit the scene, then I'm sure the scene would benefit from one less person being a dick.
12 years

At a con about an hour ago...

ThatGuyWithTheHair wrote:
Later, I asked one of my suite-mates - who was wearing a schoolgirl uniform with a thigh-high skirt and a halter top - how people were reacting to her. I told her that was pretty provocative for a plus-size cosplayer.

Now, I only said that because the vast majority of BBWs I see cosplaying wear fairly conservative costumes, but apparently, they took it as "fat people shouldn't be wearing that."

See, the thing is, they were trying to cosplay in a safe space where the focus could be on the costumes and not their bodies. And you just made it all about their bodies again, and reinforced the toxic notion that commenting on women's bodies without an invitation to do so is peachy-keen. It's not. Cosplay is about showing off your costume and expressing that, not about inviting entitled men to comment on your body.

Not Being a Creep 101: Positive or not, you have not earned the right to comment on somebody's body. Their clothes, their hairstyles, these are all things that you can assume they have chosen; you can't assume the same about their body type.
12 years