General

Regarding pictures on ff

looks like they should read their own fine print smiley
12 years

Regarding pictures on ff

There are a great many who appear on both sites quite happily and enjoy both sites for what they have to offer. Some get unhappy with one site and then move to the other sometimes too.

As for the legalities of stealing pictures without consent, I'm a little foggy over what is and isn't really allowed. What I can say is that it is immoral if nothing else. That said, as many have pointed out to me, this is the internet and it happens all the time, from Facebook, Myspace, Here, Curvage and just about any site you can name. That doesn't make it right, but it does seem to be something that would be near impossible to stop. We on this site used to be plagued with men pretending to be women and to some degree this still must be going on, it's something that Scrambledegg, in particular, really hates.

I try to go along with the flow on both sites, but do feel there is one part of Curvage that I don't like and that is the Candid Camera feature, as it just seems creepy. On the whole though, the site has many very decent people on it, that's most definitely the case with the moderators/fun police. I applaud "Sleeping with the Enemy's" attemp at building bridges. However, I fear this issue will not be solved until administrator's on this side and Fun Police on the other side, become members of both sites and can solve some differences of opinion and not as just slanging matches, but as a respect for each site. That though, may take some time.
12 years

Regarding pictures on ff

okapi wrote:
Am I the only one who is a bit uncomfortable regarding the use of the word 'stolen' regarding copyright infringement?

Personally I don't think I'd mind if people posted my pictures elsewhere, the exception being if the poster actually pretended at being me. I once found my entire MySpace profile, pictures, favourite bands and all, copypasted by a fellow with a friend list composed entirely of phenomenally large breasted women. Notified the mods though, and it was gone within a day or so. Didn't lose much sleep over it.

"I'm not bothered by it, so I don't understand why anyone else is."

It is technically stolen if your photographs are being used without permission; but that also is a lot quicker and easier to say than, well, the full and more accurate statement.
12 years

Regarding pictures on ff

So okapi
You wouldn't mind if your photos were used on a website called ImageFAP or made into Vore fetish photos or a comic about flatulence ???
because these are some of the things ive seen using my photos
and although I personally don't mind because I think its hilarious I can understand why most people would !
12 years

Regarding pictures on ff

okapi wrote:
Really, there is such a thing as reading too much between the lines.

It's not reading between the lines when it's exactly what you said.

A digital image is not property,

Intellectual property. Copyright is held on it by its creator- in this case, that would be the photographer or the subject, unless copyright is waived in the terms and conditions here- and reposting those photos without permission of the copyright holder is piracy.

The reason I'm making this point is that, as a citizen and a consumer, I think it is important to use precise terms to discuss the problems at hand, rather than adopting the propaganda terms of the SOPA supporters. The copyright cartels would have you associate one act that is essentially a legal and moral grey area, with one that is unambigously immoral and illegal, by using the same terms to cover both. That is not to say that there aren't illegal or immoral uses of copyrighted material, I'm just saying that none of these are, in any legal, linguistic or philosophical sense, theft. In short, my beef is with the semantics here, not the moral aspect.

It's language that I've been using for a good long while. The intent and meaning of it isn't really vague, and it's certainly not adopted from supporters of oppressive legislation.
12 years
12   loading