General

Holiday music: love it/hate it

Ughhh I cant stand it
but only since I worked in a supermarket that played Jingle bells on loop the entire holidy season
12 years

I tend to be rather neutral with it, not very fond of it though, but I do like Carol of the Bells as in Home Alone, as sarahjuana said. smiley
12 years

I absolutely ADORE Christmas music! My all-time favorite would have to be Good King Wenceslas. (I start singing at the top of my lungs when I hear it - since it's rarely heard anywhere.)

As well as that I love We Three Kings, Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella, Als I lay on yoolis night, Coventry Carol, Here We Come A-wassailing, I Saw Three Ships... The list goes on!

If I had to choose "modern" songs I'd go with Christmas Canon, Carol of the Bells, It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas, and Baby It's Cold Outside.

I'd definitely stick to the traditional Christmas music though. Give me The Wexford Carol over Santa Baby any day.
12 years

Like it even though it's played over and over again. My favorites are Holly Jolly Xmas-Burl Ives and Christmas Eve-TransSiberian Orchestra.
12 years

Xmas music?

:o
12 years

I sing one Carol in August and then let the rest of the world catch up. A real trendsetter me.

On a more serious note, I've just been out christmas shopping and I've never been more glad to walk around with a pair of headphones to create my own little bubble of serenity.

I find the jingle jangle of every shop at this time of year oppressive and somewhat sinister, it's as if someone has decided to enforece the cheer for their own needs. You will fit in, you will shop and this music will encourage you to do so.

/paranoid rant over.

I bought a card with a dog relieving itself on a snowman, seemed appropriate.
12 years

There good but just for Christmas. smiley
12 years

Well, I can say that I enjoy it when it's post-Thanksgiving and through the majority of December.

The music does get me in the mood for the Holidays and it's good to listen to around this time of the year.

However, when I was at Kohl's last month and it was in early November, I was all "Oh, come ON!" when I heard a Christmas song playing. I love Christmas just as much as the next person, but I don't like it if the music is played that early.
12 years